setting lineups/depth chart problem in 70s

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

setting lineups/depth chart problem in 70s

Postby emoryeagles » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I can't set my lineup using the usual interface because it will let me drag a player but not drop him, so I have to use the original method every time. That of course doesn't allow me to set depth charts. What gives?
emoryeagles

Postby Ducky » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I have the same problem on one of the three computers I use. If you have another computer option, give it a try. I am not sure why the problem only presents itself on one computer. All computers are running the same version of the internet and the same antivirus program.
Ducky

Postby Jimmy_C » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I have the same problem on both of my computers. The workaround sucks, but I fill in the back-up players one at a time then save. You will find that goes to the bottom of the order. Then I enter the next back up player and save. And so on.

When you are done loading all of your back-ups, than go to the original interface and re-set the lineup in the order you want them.
Jimmy_C

Postby voovits » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:14 am

That's odd. I don't have any issues.
What version of windows and what web browser are you using?
I have no problem using Firefox on Windows Vista.
voovits

Postby Jimmy_C » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:45 am

[quote:b9cf5780d7="voovits"]That's odd. I don't have any issues.
What version of windows and what web browser are you using?
I have no problem using Firefox on Windows Vista.[/quote:b9cf5780d7]
Both computers have Windows XP and we use Internet Explorer.
Jimmy_C

Postby voovits » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:46 am

I suggest you, any anyone else using IE to just give firefox a try (even if you're not having this issue). Not just because of the lineup issue, but because firefox is a thousand times better (and more secure) than IE.

Incidentally, I just tried it on the IE on my computer and I have the same problem.
if Firefox is not an option, I figured out a workaround. It's long and annoying, but it seems to work.
The players lineup position follows the mouse as you move it around the screen, even to the "save your lineup" button.
if you start from the guy you want leading off and work your way down, you could, one at a time, set your lineup.
Select the guy you want to lead off (make sure you select the backups now), click on him, now the players lineup spot will follow your mouse. Just bring the mouse down to the "save your lineup" button (you will now notice him at the bottom of the list) and click it.
It will save the lineup with him last.
Repeat the process with the #2 batter, it will automatically push the previous guy upward. Do this with all the players and you'll have your lineup.
The major downside is that if you have to make any changes, you'll have to do it again from that player and everyone below him because you could only save a batter at the bottom of the order. The same applies for the backups.

Your best bet is to just go here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
and use firefox.
voovits

Postby PillPop » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:20 pm

I often have this trouble when using Safari. Try Explorer or Firefox instead.
PillPop

Postby Jimmy_C » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks Voovits. I downloaded Firefox and it works great. Appreciate the help.
Jimmy_C

Postby emoryeagles » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:37 am

Good tips Jimmy C and Voovits. Thanks.
emoryeagles

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s