New Theme Keeper League – 70s or 80s?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

New Theme Keeper League – 70s or 80s?

Postby BC Manager » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 am

I’ve had a brainstorm and I’ll soon be floating a new theme idea for a keeper league, for one of the mystery card games. Ultimately, I’d like to try the idea with the 90s game but I don’t want to wait for the 90s set to be released.

The idea is that 12 owners will draft enough players to fill two rosters and then will play in a “Major” league and one “Minor” league. Everyone will have one team that serves as the farm team for the big league team. The farm teams will all compete in a league simultaneously. It will be a keeper league as well.

I’m sure I’ll get 12 guys interested in this. My question is whether those potentially interested would like to try this using the 80s game or 70s game? I tend to prefer the 80s game but would also like a reason to play more with the 70s set.

I’m posting this in both forums to hopefully get a representative survey. I’ll post the details of the theme soon.

I’m not taking a list of owners yet, but please only weigh in if you think you might be interested in something like this.

[b:732ca8fc91]70s or 80s?[/b:732ca8fc91]
BC Manager

Postby Sykes25 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I am interested.

Assumption is the mechanics would work like this...

Lets call my teams A and B.

25 man roster on team A and 25 man roster on B.

Ultimately, I can only makes moves where I drop a player from team A and team B, adding the dropped guy from A to B's roster and vice versa.

No free agents until both seasons are done. Trades apply to both league rosters.

If your teams are called X and Y, I could trade a player to you from team A for a minor league player on your team Y.
Sykes25

Postby BC Manager » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 pm

It's a little more complicated than that Sykes, but you've got the basic idea.

The purpose of this thread was to decide which game to use, 70s or 80s, but I've come up with a way to incorporate all 3 mystery card games. I will post the idea when I've got all the rules written out and will then ask who's interested.

Will likely post on the 70s forum, but I guess I can double-post it.
BC Manager

Postby The Conndor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I think it's a brilliant idea, and although I don't have a lot of money laying around to play multiple teams, I would be interested enough to follow it even if I decide I can't afford to play it.

Based on my experience with the sets, I think it would work better with the 80s set, so consider that my vote. However, I would be game for either 70s or 80s.

Another logistical question: is it safe to assume that there would be different salary caps for the major and minor league teams? After all, one could assume that the majority of the more expensive players would be on the major league teams, and vice-versa. Just curious.
The Conndor

Postby UGLYJERRY » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 am

I would think that it would be better in the 80's. I am really curious to see all of the rules since you stated on the 70's forum that you have a way to incorporate all three games.
UGLYJERRY

Postby BC Manager » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Jerry, the rules are posted - in a thread below in this forum and in the 70s forum. The signup is in the 70s forum.
BC Manager

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s