Has anyone heard from Chess lately?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Has anyone heard from Chess lately?

Postby voovits » Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Fellow strat player Chess2899 lives in Chatanooga TN, which was right in the line of the tornadoes that hit the south a few days ago.
I sent him a PM on the 27th, after the storms to ask if he was OK, but the message has not been read as of yet.
The worst of the storms hit Alabama, but a few tornadoes creeped their way up into southern TN.
Here is a quote from the local CBS news website:
"An EF-4 tornado, with winds of 190 mph with a path of 35 miles, took the lives of 13 people in Hamilton Co. near Chattanooga."

If anyone knows him personally, or has heard from him, can you please let us know? If anyone is currently in a league with him, has his team been active?

I pray that he is OK.
voovits

Postby chess2899 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks, James!

I have had minimal damage consisting of losing 6 trees on the farm. Others around me were not that lucky. McDonalds and Taco Bell were crushed and many homes are still without water and electricity. Some of the houses were crushed and many people died.

Other Chattanooga area Strat players include DarthRuvo, BradtheIconKopp, generationm1 and Ms. Baseball. They all escaped significant damage. We were incredibly lucky. First time in over 20 years did this area get hit with so many tornadoes. 150 mile winds were horrible.

We all appreciate your concern. I am currently playing in an 80s league with a pitiful team. I'll play in another one soon. Hope to see you there!

Chess
chess2899

Postby voovits » Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I did not realize that all those folks were from the same area. I'm glad to hear that you, and everyone else is OK.

God Bless.
voovits

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s