bargains or busts

Our historical single season sets

Postby Jake Squid » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 pm

The Flavonoids gave up 180 SB (caught 72) - only one team gave up more SB's. No throwing errors - my catchers only had one error all season between them. I wasn't really concerned about SB. As long as I could keep runners to a minimum and, more importantly, get a lot of Ks, I figured I'd be okay. The Flavonoids were 2nd in the league in Ks and 7th (and league average) in WHIP, so that worked out.

The platoons were at C (Whitt/Brenly), 1B(Traber/Balboni), LF(Daniels/Snyder) and DH(Moseby/Moreland). I almost always run a lot of platoons - simple analysis of the cards will show you why. Snyder got a bunch of extra ABs due to injuries (Parrish 30 games, Gibson 44 games). This was a very injury prone team.

But look at the HR totals. C got 20, 1b - 40, and LF - 47. 40 homers for $4.11 is value.

I've been experimenting lately and haven't done nearly as well with other formulas.

Jake
Jake Squid

Postby apolivka » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 pm

[quote:2f8c2ddcae="Jake Squid"]The Flavonoids gave up 180 SB (caught 72) - only one team gave up more SB's. No throwing errors - my catchers only had one error all season between them.

Jake[/quote:2f8c2ddcae]

That's one thing I really like about this game--there are so many different ways to win. I think I might have a record team here:

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=61266

The "P-Funktory All Stars" there gave up 271 steals (caught 94) yet still won 93 games and the title. Junior Ortiz and Ozzie Virgil also combined for 30 errors, most of them throwing errors, as I recall. But, even with such terrible D at catcher, this team still easily lead the league in pitching with an even 3.00 ERA.
apolivka

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 pm

You had quite a staff there. The pitching is better and deeper than today's pitching.
RICHARDMILTER

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999