Theme League: Economic Stimulus - Moved to Another Thread

Our historical single season sets

Postby kenhutchings » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:32 am

Based on the feedback received thus far, it sounds that the managers who have responded would like to have this league revised so that there is a choice from amongst the 16 teams discussed (i.e., those 16 in the 1969 league with the lowest aggregate salary), and that the choice would be determined by Pick 3 (highest to lowest). The rules would be as otherwise stipulated in the original posting of this thread, although the divisions would likely have to be rearranged since there would in all likelihood be a different combination of teams.

Should the divisions be aligned geographically, or be determined on the basis of the Pick 3 drawing? (East 1,4,7,10 etc.)

I believe that although Pick 3 can be used to determine the order for choosing the teams, the draft order should still be determined by the team's aggregate salary, lowest to highest. Is everyone in agreement with that?

Once I get confirmation from the other managers, I will post a new thread with the modified rules.

Ken
kenhutchings

Postby Risden » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss. These are my thoughts - let's hear others.

[quote:868f89ceaf="kenhutchings"]Based on the feedback received thus far, it sounds that the managers who have responded would like to have this league revised so that there is a choice from amongst the 16 teams discussed (i.e., those 16 in the 1969 league with the lowest aggregate salary), and that the choice would be determined by Pick 3 (highest to lowest). The rules would be as otherwise stipulated in the original posting of this thread, although the divisions would likely have to be rearranged since there would in all likelihood be a different combination of teams.[/quote:868f89ceaf] Choice amongst 16 teams & random order of choice via Pick 3 is a great idea. Unless we get 12 owners in, the league can't start. With the seemingly best choices already taken, it's hard to fill it out (IMHO).

[quote:868f89ceaf="kenhutchings"]Should the divisions be aligned geographically, or be determined on the basis of the Pick 3 drawing? (East 1,4,7,10 etc.)[/quote:868f89ceaf] It doesn't matter to me. The Pick 3 Method seems the most fair, but "fair" is hardly the basis in real life. Just ask the Toronto Blue Jays.

[quote:868f89ceaf="kenhutchings"]I believe that although Pick 3 can be used to determine the order for choosing the teams, the draft order should still be determined by the team's aggregate salary, lowest to highest. Is everyone in agreement with that?[/quote:868f89ceaf] I agree - aggregate salary should drive the draft order.

This is a terriffic idea for a theme league. I am "in" for whatever the majority or Commish Ken comes up with.
Risden

Postby LMBombers » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 am

I don't think it really matters what the rules are as far as attracting people to a theme league in the 1969 game. It will be difficult to fill regardless.
LMBombers

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I am in all the way, as you outlined Ken, thanks! We can try to recruit from our other '69 leagues too after the sign-up is created.

I agree with Bob that this is a great theme idea!
GFDWARF07

Postby Rick Smith » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Whatever is decided, I trust your judgement, count me in.

Rick
Rick Smith

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999