Newbie - where did I go wrong - ballpark?

Our historical single season sets

Newbie - where did I go wrong - ballpark?

Postby rick martin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:59 am

I've really enjoyed my first team here. I'm learning as I go, and wonder if I'm learning in the right direction. My 1999 club is still in the hunt, but I doubt I'll make the playoffs. So, I want to make sure I learn from my mistakes. Is picking Coors field what killed me - or picking pitchers not condusive to Coors? I finally learned that Reynolds has too many ball park homers, so I try to use him only on the road now. But the rest of the staff getting hammered also. This offensive club was certainly good enough to win, look at the homers with still 30+ games to go.
Any advice, critique, kick in the butt will be appreciated.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=233048
rick martin

Postby LMBombers » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:59 am

You are 7 games over .500 so I really don't think you need too much help with this team.

Reynolds has the least amount of BPHR of your *SP and is not a terrible play in Coors. With all the hitting available in the 1999 game and you playing in the most hitter friendly ballpark you really can't worry too much about how ugly your pitching stats are. Relatively speaking they aren't all that bad. You should use Villone as a SP at home as he has zero BPHR.

You are spending too much money on a backup C especially since IRod has over 600 PA and is a 3 game max injury guy. You should have a backup around 50-75¢.
LMBombers

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999