3. AllStarInc
4. Rjnewman
5. franky35
6. Ehlekev
7. LMBombers
8. ugrant
ugrant

Postby franky35 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm sure this league will fill. We are pretty close and haven't heard from several of the usual suspects. Maybe a few of the guys are sitting back for a while because we just started the Hall of Fame league. I think, eventually, Rick Smith will sign up - he loves the lower priced players.
franky35

Postby ugrant » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm

The closer we get to Halloween the less able I'll be to participate. I run a haunted house fund raiser for the Nevada Food Bank and construction starts soon. Then comes the interview process for the 44 actors/security folks we need.

Just a heads up I may have to pull out.
ugrant

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:51 pm

I have been actively recruiting more owners. Let's fill this week and get the draft done before ugrant begins the haunting!
GFDWARF07

Postby pkwmati » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:38 am

I need to do a better job of keeping up with the 1969 thread. I love pitching-centric leagues.

1. gfdwarf07
2. poppa rock
3. AllStarInc
4. Rjnewman
5. franky35
6. Ehlekev
7. LMBombers
8. ugrant
9. PM770
pkwmati

League entry

Postby TallEd » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

Never played in a theme league before. Have a few questions. How do I sign up? What is the cost? I assume the draft is live, when would it be held? Are there awards for winning the league as in an auto league? I am definetly interested but may not be able to participate at this time. Love the 1969 set. I still have my cards from when I was a kid. If I can't make this one keep me in mind for any theme leagues involving the 1969 set.

Thanks
TallEd

Postby AllStarInc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:48 am

TallEd..I'll try and answer these for you and I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in too. We'd really love to have you for the league.

First off, let me tell you that I don't think I've played a "non themed" league since finding these message boards. I was always frustrated by my draft results when I would get players I didn't want. Plus I enjoy the creativity these guys come up with in establishing the "themes" of the leagues.

Doing the draft on DiamondDope and these boards allows you to really select your own personalized team and then you have nobody to blame for losing (as is usually my case!)!

In addition, you can declare conditions (or themes) to the league as Dan has done here, where you can only draft certain people of salary cost etc just to change it up a bit and make it interesting.

The cost is identical. we do the draft here and on the DiamondDope site (free and very ez to use btw), and then when the draft is complete the league is established and you sign up for it in the order the divisions are established and load the players you selected.

The draft is live but it's usually not all done at one sitting because most people have other things to do. You can set proxy picks that will happen even if you're not there and the draft continues even if you're unable to be there the whole time. You can check in from time to time and re-set proxies as they are taken by you or other players. It's actually very simple and I think the draft is almost as fun as the games themselves!...maybe more!

You do get credits for winning and runner up just like in a public league.

Like I said before, you'll probably like this way of playing better than the random assignment of players etc. Plus you get to know lots of the other guys and its a great group of diehards.

Give it a shot and bring a couple of friends and we can get going very soon! Let us know if you have any other questions at all. I hope you decide to give it a try!
AllStarInc

Postby franky35 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am

1. sign up by putting your name on the sign up list above.
2. the cost and the awards are exactly the same as a regular league.
3. The draft is "live" but you don't have to be on line. It is very casual. Typically, we start without a time limit, and once the league gets going we have a 3 hour time limit for each pick. There is no clock at night. We use the web site DiamondDope.com and they have a system for selecting proxies. With proxies, you line up your next pick(s) when it is convenient for you, and the computer automatically makes your pick when it is your turn. The "live" draft usually takes about a week.
franky35

Postby pkwmati » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey Tall Ed.

You can sign up by adding your name to the list above.

The draft will be "live", but instead of 1-2 minutes for your pick with everyone at the computer at the same time, you'll have a couple hours to make a pick and the draft will last several days.

The prizes for credits are the same as your typical auto-draft league.

In anticipation of another question regarding the draft, it will be done on the Diamond Dope website (some more computer saavy than I will have to set you up). It is very user friendly and you should be able to pick up with ease.

I hope you can make it in this time. Looking at the names on this list, this is a great group of fellas who I am fairly certain would be very patient with a first time theme leaguer/Diamond Dope drafter as he learned the ropes. So don't be intimidated.
pkwmati

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999