1999: Riggo’s Bragging Rights League (AL vs. NL)

Our historical single season sets

Postby mbrake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:27 pm

check the last post @ 20:04 before you entered @ 21:56.
mbrake

Postby FFNogoodnik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 pm

I sent durrant a PM that way he might find out, not sure if it will help but it couldn't hurt.
FFNogoodnik

Postby Red Beards » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 am

AMERICAN LEAGUE
1. RiggoDrill - Network Assoc. Coliseum
2. mbrake - Kauffman
3. Ulfie - Safeco Field
4. Geoff Brookes - Rogers Centre (SkyDome)
5. Hk Mossy - Ballpark at Arlington
6. Tom Pierce - Jacobs Field
7. FFNogoodnik - Fenway Park
8. Sam Hoff - Tiger Stadium
9. mfl536-Yankee Stadium
10. LMBombers - Tropicana
11.akindian - will choose field but wanted to let you all know i am here for ya
12. keyzick - Camden

NATIONAL LEAGUE
1. ehlekev - Coors Field
2. RedBeards - Veterans Stadium '99
3. RWhite411 - Turner Field
4. JDEVITTS- Olympic stadium
5. JMP 1 - Wrigley Field
6. Papasturgeon-Pro Players Field (Florida was NL, correct?)
7. toshiro - Astrodome
8. bucktide - Cinergy Field
9. CATom = Dodger Stadium
10. keif25 = Busch Stadium '99
11. durantjerry-Shea

Password is....... two4
Red Beards

Postby RiggoDrill » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

[quote:d4b9f0778a="FFNogoodnik"]what about trades just after the draft to fix league affiliation "mistakes" made by the computer? ...Just wondering if people have thought of this?[/quote:d4b9f0778a]
I saw some discussion of this, so I wanted to add clarification.

HAL will no doubt assign some 'wrong' league players to most rosters. The expectation is that managers will get all of the 'wrong' league players off their rosters by waivers or shortly thereafter. Please make sure you have [u:d4b9f0778a]only players from you selected league as of MIDNIGHT on the day that waivers run[/u:d4b9f0778a].

As for trades, there are no limits on inter-league trading BEFORE waivers run. After waivers, you should only have players in your league, so trading for 'wrong' league players would be [color=red:d4b9f0778a][b:d4b9f0778a]VERBOTEN[/b:d4b9f0778a][/color:d4b9f0778a]. :evil: :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RiggoDrill

Postby RiggoDrill » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 am

I just looked back at when this thread was opened - NOVEMBER 29th! :lol: Welcome to everyone who has joined and a special thanks to those who signed up early and had the patience to hang in there. :D

Hang on now - this is going to be a crazy draft! :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
RiggoDrill

Inter-league trading deadline

Postby gbrookes » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 am

Riggo, could we please have until midnight on the day AFTER the waiver draft to get the AL/NL rosters organized and complete any inter-league trades?

Reason-you may not get the "right league" players you want in the waiver draft. In that situation, you have only a couple of hours to "fix" your roster. Some people may not be able to be online on that particular evening.

If we have till midnight on the day AFTER the waiver draft, that gives us more time to chat and organize trades.

What do you think?

Geoff
gbrookes

One Slot Left...

Postby keyzick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 am

Bump...just need ONE MORE

AMERICAN LEAGUE
1. RiggoDrill - Network Assoc. Coliseum
2. mbrake - Kauffman
3. Ulfie - Safeco Field
4. Geoff Brookes - Rogers Centre (SkyDome)
5. Hk Mossy - Ballpark at Arlington
6. Tom Pierce - Jacobs Field
7. FFNogoodnik - Fenway Park
8. Sam Hoff - Tiger Stadium
9. mfl536-Yankee Stadium
10. LMBombers - Tropicana
11.akindian - will choose field but wanted to let you all know i am here for ya
12. keyzick - Camden

NATIONAL LEAGUE
1. ehlekev - Coors Field
2. RedBeards - Veterans Stadium '99
3. RWhite411 - Turner Field
4. JDEVITTS- Olympic stadium
5. JMP 1 - Wrigley Field
6. Papasturgeon-Pro Players Field (Florida was NL, correct?)
7. toshiro - Astrodome
8. bucktide - Cinergy Field
9. CATom = Dodger Stadium
10. keif25 = Busch Stadium '99
11. durantjerry-Shea

Password is....... two4
keyzick

Re: Inter-league trading deadline

Postby mbrake » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 am

[quote:e568467b78="Geoff Brookes"]Riggo, could we please have until midnight on the day AFTER the waiver draft to get the AL/NL rosters organized and complete any inter-league trades?

Reason-you may not get the "right league" players you want in the waiver draft. In that situation, you have only a couple of hours to "fix" your roster. Some people may not be able to be online on that particular evening.

If we have till midnight on the day AFTER the waiver draft, that gives us more time to chat and organize trades.

What do you think?

Geoff[/quote:e568467b78]

Personally, I think teams should have at least until post waivers (or longer) to sort things out. This could get a bit complicated if someone gets completely screwed as usual by HAL especially with the AL/NL roster requirements. It may take a little more creative manuevering than usual to get everyone into compliance, while attempting to field a competitive team. There will almost certainly be a flurry of post-draft trades to correct some of these issues. To make matters worse, my weekend schedule is going to be insane with one daughter in a two-day J.O. volleyball tourney, both daughters in a two-day basketball tourney which I coach, my son in a different basketball tourney in another town and both daughters at a Sunday softball clinic, plus squeeze in a Vikings victory :shock: But I wouldn't want it any other way, so I'll make it happen one way or another. Let's fill 'er up and get down to business!
mbrake

Re: Inter-league trading deadline

Postby FFNogoodnik » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 am

[quote:83611b5fa4="Geoff Brookes"]Riggo, could we please have until midnight on the day AFTER the waiver draft to get the AL/NL rosters organized and complete any inter-league trades?

What do you think?

Geoff[/quote:83611b5fa4]

I agree. I would want the opportunity to drop my "wrong" players through the the waivers process. It gives us another option in case we can not aggree to a trade.

I would even suggest the deadline be sometime on the sunday before the games start.
FFNogoodnik

Postby keyzick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:28 am

I agree that midnight of the day AFTER the waivers run seems like a good idea, I wouldn't want to push it out any farther.

While it may mean someone replacing a wrong-league $6M guy with a right-league $2M guy via waivers/free agency, it's better than someone really hurting the opposite league by delaying the dumping of their wrong-league players...ie, the free agent pool will be limited enough without some of the potential candidates being inadvertantly held by wrong-league teams for too long a stretch.

So, I'd advocate for a deadline of midnight (Eastern) the day after waivers for everyone to be rid of their wrong-league players....and no restrictions on the trading of those salaries except the existing SOM-imposed salary cap structure.
keyzick

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999