RAISE THE MOUND ATG VI - LEAGUE FORMED AND LOADING

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:19 pm

[quote:e80b3de239="TallEd"]Going to give Tookie a little more time to jump in with her pick. Since she was up at the time the clock was turned on I think that is fair. Will give at least 1 more hour from now.[/quote:e80b3de239]

Good idea, Ed, thanks. I agree with Paul that in this format getting skipped isn't a big deal and it will happen from time to time as we proceed. The hitters are all the dregs of the set and the elite pitchers are gone, so much more of a level field of talent now.

But still a little extra consideration for Tookie is merited, thanks.
GFDWARF07

Postby AuntTookie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Unfair :cry:

I was under the impression there was no time clock and missed my pick.

I chose Pfeister when I saw, but had planned to take Rivera when available, and although I had set him in proxy, apparently you must turn provies on or save to make them work.

Please give me the rules again.

If proxies are needed, how do I prioritize them on diamond dope...the interface is not intuitive nor explained.
AuntTookie

Postby AllStarInc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I can give Tookie Rivera if she wants, no biggie. It's only a game and there's about 16,000 other guys to pick from.
AllStarInc

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:14 pm

[quote:56ca03b75c="AuntTookie"]Unfair :cry:

I was under the impression there was no time clock and missed my pick.

I chose Pfeister when I saw, but had planned to take Rivera when available, and although I had set him in proxy, apparently you must turn provies on or save to make them work.

Please give me the rules again.

If proxies are needed, how do I prioritize them on diamond dope...the interface is not intuitive nor explained.[/quote:56ca03b75c]

Aunt Tookie- Sorry you feel the process was unfair. The clock was turned on at the end of round 2, as I had said it would be. RJnewman was actually up when it was turned on for picks 24-25. It's ironic that the player you had proxied was picked right away. DD is a free service, generously maintained by one of our fellow strat players. I agree that it is not necessarily intuitive, but it is head and shoulders better than what we had before it (SOMDRAFT - now THAT was not intuitive). Regardless, sometimes there are pains in using a new tool for the first time - I have been skipped too in the past and the first time was for the same reason - not having proxies turned on.

We have a good group here and I am open to a couple possibilities:

1. AllStarInc (Bill) may not be as in love with Rivera as you might be and he might simply drop him so you can pick him up. That is IF he wants to and IF he has someone else in his sights that makes him just as happy.

2. I would throw it open to a simple majority vote as to whether in this case we would reverse the draft back to your pick and let you take Rivera. This is problematic, as it obviously tips a few hands as to who the subsequent owners plan to draft.

I am open to other ideas too. Personally I like Pfeister better than Mariano in this theme, but thats just my opinion. Others may disagree.

Again, sorry you feel it wasn't fair, but technically it's not a fairness issue here. We did what we stated and the error on use of proxies casued the problem. If we pursue one of these solutions would just be courtesies.
Last edited by GFDWARF07 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:16 pm

OK, Bill, a very kind offer! Chivalry is not dead!

So AllStInc drops Rivera, Tookie drops Jack Pf. and picks up Rivera. Then Pfeister can be grabbed by anyone that has picked since, if desired.

Haven't done this before, so hope it works easily.
GFDWARF07

proxies

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

1.put the names of the players in the proxie list.
2.under the priority column list them sequetally as to how you want them drafted. 1 thru however many players you have.
3.then you can arrnge them into groups by giving a # in the group column.
this is done so you don't draft 2 players for the same position if you only want 1 of them. Example: on your next pick if you want a SS and you identify 3 possibilities. list their names rank them in order of preference.under the priorities column1, 2, and 3. If you only want 1 of them mark them all group 1 and check the box "delete if group picked". After that if you want a catcher list the possibilities. prioritize 4, 5,6,7 (if you have 4 possibilities) give them a group # of 2. Again if you only want 1 check the box to delete if group is picked. As other players select their players if one that you have listed is selected that players name will drop off and the players ordered below that will move up. When it is your pick it will auto select the highest prioritized player (highest being 1) from the lowest group #. any remaining players from that group # will drop from your list and the highest prioritized pick from the next group will be selected on your next turn, and so on.

Most important. once you have set your proxies and prioritized and grouped you MUST click save. If not all will be lost when you change screens, log off etc and you could end up drafting 3SS and 4 catchers.

Then turn proxies on.

Clear as mud, right? If any further ? please ask and if anyone else has something to add chime in.

I have a ? Is the clock going to remain on during the wee morning hours?
TallEd

Postby ggrover15 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:26 pm

i approved allstars drop of rivera
ggrover15

Postby Paul_Long71 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 pm

now Aunt Tookie has to drop Pfeister, someone needs to approve it, then Tookie can pick Rivera. And AllStarInc has to make his pick as well.
Paul_Long71

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Man, I have got to learn to type faster. A lot happened while I was trying to explain the how to of Diamond Dope. Very nice gesture Bill.
TallEd

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't see any way I can make that move for her as admin for the draft. So we will wait. Then if someone wants Pfeister it's catch as catch can.

As for the clock, I will turn it off about 10 pm Central each day and turn it back on around 8am central. Unless there are times where I will be away for some reason - then I will ask another admin to do this.

Sound OK?

Thanks,
Dan
GFDWARF07

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999