WINTER 1969 - WEST LOADING - Gordie Howe is last team!

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Kind of a slow day today - we may be at risk of not finishing before Wednesday at this rate.

Please try to check whenever you can - I am sending PMs, e-mails and texts to those whose contacts I have.

Also - to keep it moving, anyone can send proxies to me if you'd like (just send your somdraft.com password as well and please make your preference order clear).

I won't scoop you - I already have my remaining guys targeted.

Thanks all!

Dan
GFDWARF07

Postby AllStarInc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 am

Maybe we should consider going just 15 rounds (14 players plus the stadium).

Either that, or we need to start enforcing a time limit where the draft moves on without you and you can jump back in at any time you realize it's your pick. Maybe after the 10th round is complete?

I know that's a tough one because most people actually have a "life" and this doesn't top their respective priorities lists.

I'm good with whatever is decided. The draft has been a blast, just very LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
AllStarInc

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:36 am

It's hard to change rules in the middle of a draft. We started with a 20 round plan and should stick to it in my mind, though it would be nice to get this moving. The lack of proxies is the thing that are costing us time.

PLEASE - send me your proxies by PM and we can get moving a bit. We have a lot of ground to cover this week. The long pauses like the current one are the ones that hurt, as it causes everyone to let their attentiveness down a bit, as nothing is moving.

Hopefully sneez will go soon and we can rip off 3-4 rounds today! (SUNDAY). But not without some proxies.
GFDWARF07

Postby Sneezedoc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:44 am

Hi guys.....just signed on...I will pick in about 5 minutes.....did check in last evening before I went out and it was still pretty far away from me so I didn't have proxies.....Hundley "would have" been my choice but it's to be expected by this point that my picks would be gone.....
Was glad to still actually get Kessinger when I had thought about him 20 picks (1 round) earlier)
I'll get you fellas moving in a jiffy
Sneeze
Sneezedoc

Postby Sneezedoc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am

I am going to be out for much of the day (will be back around 9PM this evening)....
I have given my next 2 proxies to gfdwarf07 via PM which I asked (and I sure he will comply) not to open until he picks

I gave 3 options for each of my picks so it should get us through

See you later and enjoy the day
Sneezedoc

Proxy Idea

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:18 am

Sneeze has a good idea - and it sounds like he actually has a life - if you are worried about giving away your hand then send me a PM with a clear label of which round it covers and state in the subject line: "Do not open until Round X" and I will wait to open it until your pick in that round comes up. Please include at least 3 prioritized choices per round. I will handle them honorably. [b:b5f5a3fa54]I will also need your password for somdraft.com[/b:b5f5a3fa54]

Or if you are keeping a frequent eye on things, no need to bother with proxies. If we eliminate the long delays it will help a lot.

Now, if everyone will quit taking my picks we will be in good shape! :) Seriously I already have my targets established an prioritized, and wouldn't scoop any of you unfairly, so if you want to give this a try feel free!

Thanks all - can we try to get at least through Round 12 today? Sneeze is covered through round 11 now and he can do his round 12 pick when he gets back tonight. That gives us Mon-Wed to cover 8 more rounds.

[b:b5f5a3fa54]DON'T FORGET TO DRAFT A STADIUM SOMEWHERE IN THE 20 ROUNDS![/b:b5f5a3fa54]
GFDWARF07

Postby G_MONEY » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm ready to finish this today! Every time I check it's Horace Clarke for 10 hours or Ed Brinkman for 6. Why can't we all set aside an hour or two and blast through the rest of this thing?
G_MONEY

Postby G_MONEY » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 pm

goddamn it i did it again, I meant to pick up Moe Drabowsky, not Rudy may. Someone please approve the drop.
I am a moron.
G_MONEY

Postby G_MONEY » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks Dan!
I am ready to make my next pick after you!
G_MONEY

Risden?

Postby Rjnewman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Plus what prevents picks being done after 10 in evening?
Rjnewman

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999