WINTER 1969 - WEST LOADING - Gordie Howe is last team!

Our historical single season sets

Re: LDANRED????

Postby G_MONEY » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm

[quote:7aa4957833="Rjnewman"]where is he?[/quote:7aa4957833]

If you look back at the draft LDANRED has never drafted during working hours on a week day. I surmise he has no access at work or something like that. His 4 hours is up in 5 mins so I suppose we can pass him. Or does he get 8 hours with the sandwich pick.

We need to load this thing by Wednesday so Dan can be around for the frenzy. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the week after next to start play.
G_MONEY

Postby Risden » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

[quote:65ffbdea93="jettblack"]If you look back at the draft LDANRED has never drafted during working hours on a week day. I surmise he has no access at work or something like that. His 4 hours is up in 5 mins so I suppose we can pass him. Or does he get 8 hours with the sandwich pick.[/quote:65ffbdea93]

I may by incorrect here, but I belive that Ldanred is an attorney and is probably susceptible to long times away from the computer terminal doing actual work.

[quote:65ffbdea93="jettblack"]We need to load this thing by Wednesday so Dan can be around for the frenzy. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the week after next to start play.[/quote:65ffbdea93]

If we need to wait until next week, so be it. The earler we start, the better, but one additional week shouldn't be too big of a worry.
Risden

Postby AllStarInc » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm

I agree. If he can't get to a computer, no biggie. If it costs an extra week it's not going to be the end of the world....well... at least I hope not.
AllStarInc

Postby AllStarInc » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Besides, you never know when you might NEED an attorney. Let's not piss him off.
AllStarInc

Postby G_MONEY » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

[quote:a9b12adba8="Risden"]
I may by incorrect here, but I belive that Ldanred is an attorney and is probably susceptible to long times away from the computer terminal doing actual work.
[/quote:a9b12adba8]

Don't skip him then, he'll sue us!

Waiting a week is not a problem, just making sure we all understand the time constraints. Even if we finish the draft we can not load until Dan is back.
G_MONEY

LDANRED

Postby Rjnewman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:43 pm

I dont mine slowness. But if he told us he wouldnt be picking until say 4:00 on Tuesday that would stop me looking every 10 minutes!!If he knows he will be missing why not give someone else his picks?
Rjnewman

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 pm

LDAN is a good owner and will show up, I'm sure - I suggest we wait as a courtesy until maybe 8pm CST tonight. If he hasn't gone yet we can reconsider.
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Could be LDAN is out scouting stadiums today too - a first-hand view helps you decide whether Petrocelli, Agee, Staub and Co. can carry the wall on BPHR's.

I just hope he's not looking for Metropolitan, Jarry, Shibe, Sicks, etc. :)

I did PM him this morning - that's the only contact I have for him.

Timing-wise there is little chance we will start the season before 3/1, as even if we were all loaded Sunday night we will have waivers, etc. and not start until a week from Monday. That just means you get to enjoy your credit longer!

But let's keep drafting - I will bring a print-out and send mine to Bob as they come up. We did this once before when I achieved my proudest SOM moment - successfully drafting most of a '69 team while on an anniversary weekend getaway with my beloved, but none-the-wiser, wife. And you guys think I don't have a life! 8-)
Last edited by GFDWARF07 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GFDWARF07

Postby GordieHowe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Kick him out of the league. I want Petrocelli! (lol)

I can wait for the start of the league, as I'm not sure I even know what to do with the instructions. I've never played online before - always face-to-face.
GordieHowe

Postby Risden » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 pm

[quote:54d3a1c101="GordieHowe"]Kick him out of the league. I want Petrocelli! (lol)

I can wait for the start of the league, as I'm not sure I even know what to do with the instructions. I've never played online before - always face-to-face.[/quote:54d3a1c101]

As a starting point for guys new to the on-line experience, I would suggest doing the following:

(1) Buy your team if you haven't done so already. You'll need to come up with your team name and manager name.

(2) Change the salary cap to $200 million and begin loading the players that you have drafted thus far.

(3) The draft site is a good place to assess your team's needs. You will need to meet the minimum drafting requirements:

10 pitchers (5 that can start) and at least 2 catchers…not sure if there's any other thing to meet the drafting requirements at this point.

That's a quick "start-up" tutorial. Other veterans can add their 2 cents worth to help out the new guys.
Risden

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999