WINTER 1969 - WEST LOADING - Gordie Howe is last team!

Our historical single season sets

Postby G_MONEY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm

[quote:fcad31523d="gfdwarf07"]Did you slip into the chimpanzee reunion league? How did you get all those guys? Sounds like a fun season at The Met!

And I will take Karras if he's still available at 20.

I will make a side bet with you Hondo/Melton vs. Boog/Perez? Total HRs. Whatdya say? Might be a good contest![/quote:fcad31523d]

Not that bet, but I'll do Bonds/Hondo vs Boog/Perez

I traded Carty for Alou after the draft, figuring I had enough power. I also nabbed both Hicks and Held but have no spots for them. Could have worse problems I suppose.
G_MONEY

Postby Sneezedoc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 pm

fellas, I am going to be away after 8 AM tomorrow AM with the family....I am going to send a list of proxies for my last 3 picks to dfdwarf....Hope they last....I guess we are going to have to start the week after next because I can not fill out my six extra players on the draft card until I see who is available after the lat player is chosen.....
Sorry to be a bummer guys but the fam comes first
Sneeze
Sneezedoc

Postby G_MONEY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

And with pick # 211, the Junior Senator from Kentucky...

A shiny nugget from the esteemed Mr. Bunning:
"Let me explain something: I don't watch the national news, and I don't read the paper. I haven't done that for the last six weeks. I watch Fox News to get my information."

Hopefully he leaves the sound OFF
G_MONEY

Postby Risden » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:37 pm

[quote:bb2c660592="Sneezedoc"]fellas, I am going to be away after 8 AM tomorrow AM with the family....I am going to send a list of proxies for my last 3 picks to dfdwarf....Hope they last....I guess we are going to have to start the week after next because I can not fill out my six extra players on the draft card until I see who is available after the lat player is chosen.....
Sorry to be a bummer guys but the fam comes first
Sneeze[/quote:bb2c660592]

No problem; have fun. Leave as many proxies as possible and let the chips fall...maybe we can get another ound or two in tonight!
Risden

Postby Sneezedoc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm

should have taken out that "hope they last" comment...have 3 choices for rounds 18 and 19 and 6 for round 20!!!
Sneezedoc

sneeze (and others)

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 pm

How long are you gone after tomorrow?If you leave enough picks with dwarf we can get to 20 picks. Where are you going that you cant get access to web? Gordie and I are dying to see the instructions you can put in to manage the teams. As rookies we do not know how much info can be entered. It will greatly help us draft in the future. Do you guys ever play together and have seperate prizes outside of this sites free entry to make it interesting?
Rjnewman

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 pm

RJ- You are welcome to offer a prize for anything you want! Most HR for a team, least SB, greatest # of pitcher HRs - get creative!
GFDWARF07

THE GOLDEN TWINKIE AWARD! - WORST RUN DIFFERENTIAL

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 pm

RJ- Great idea to create a little flair.

As Commish I will offer this - I have a brand new, unopened DVD of The Last Waltz - a concert film by Martin Scorsese starring The Band, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, etc. for the poor soul of a team that has the worst run differential for the season (your runs, less runs against). The doormats for everyone else deserve a prize! If its me (which could well be) it will go to the second worst!

This is a great film (I already have it) and I won it in the Dylan Pool last year (my team finished first in the world!) - so I am "re-prizing" it. I'll even autograph it if you'd like. Then it might really be worth something! :lol:

Go crazy everyone!
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23 pm

RJ can you give Gordie a call - I sent him a text a couple hours ago
GFDWARF07

gordie

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I phoned and left message
Rjnewman

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999