1969 DIRTY DOZEN FRANCHISE LEAGUE - FULL!

Our historical single season sets

Postby LMBombers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:27 am

We have to jump this hurdle at some point regardless. I would rather get this one behind us first.
LMBombers

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:05 am

I appreciate the sentiment of trying to speed us along, but we will be waiting either way. Everyone else will load quickly. Let's stick with the divisions as assigned.
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 am

Gordie- please e-mail me and tell me what happened with your lost credit. I swear that has happened to me too once or twice but I couldn't document it. Thanks.
GFDWARF07

Missing Credit

Postby GordieHowe » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Gfdwarf - My missing credit was located on the page of the championship I won three leagues ago. You will have to log into all of the leagues you've played in in which you won a credit or two and see if any unused credit is still there. Makes more sense to me to have the credits centrally located on your page that shows up when you log on, but that's not their system. Hope this helps.

GordieHowe
GordieHowe

Postby Sneezedoc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Truth be told, this is ridiculous re: ldanred. What is possibly the problem about "able to load a team early this week but not any time over the weekend or the end of last week". I am sensitive to people's problems but I get the distinct feeling he is just blowing us off
The longer we wait, the more I lose interest in a theme league like this. I am away next week for the entire week without internet access. I never start leagues when I am going away because I know I can not tweak my roster at all (and this team will need tweaking).
I am laying down an ultimatum. If we can not get him in by Wednesday night (and then load the rest of everyone by Thursday), I am getting out of this league and you will have to find someone else to run my team. The other optin is to wait until 2/20 to load the league (when I return) but that doesn't seem fair to everyone else.
Ldanred has really taken advantage of us. Post something relevant on the boards Dan rather than these cryptic Emails to individuals so we all know what is going on!
Sneeze
Sneezedoc

Postby Risden » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 pm

[quote:afcac29d4b="Sneezedoc"]Truth be told, this is ridiculous re: ldanred. What is possibly the problem about "able to load a team early this week but not any time over the weekend or the end of last week". I am sensitive to people's problems but I get the distinct feeling he is just blowing us off
The longer we wait, the more I lose interest in a theme league like this. I am away next week for the entire week without internet access. I never start leagues when I am going away because I know I can not tweak my roster at all (and this team will need tweaking).
I am laying down an ultimatum. If we can not get him in by Wednesday night (and then load the rest of everyone by Thursday), I am getting out of this league and you will have to find someone else to run my team. The other optin is to wait until 2/20 to load the league (when I return) but that doesn't seem fair to everyone else.
Ldanred has really taken advantage of us. Post something relevant on the boards Dan rather than these cryptic Emails to individuals so we all know what is going on!
Sneeze[/quote:afcac29d4b]

I have asked a few people to take this team, but the team that has been drafted offers little in the way of a challenge since every owner took part in the 10-round draft and picked over all of the good players.

I have not had any takers for that team, but i will try a few more.
Risden

Postby Sneezedoc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't mean to be difficult Bob, but I just wish someone would light a fire under him. I feel badly that you are having to do all this extra leg work just to fill his team.
Sneeze
Sneezedoc

Postby Risden » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:30 pm

[quote:1924e612de="Sneezedoc"]I don't mean to be difficult Bob, but I just wish someone would light a fire under him. I feel badly that you are having to do all this extra leg work just to fill his team.
Sneeze[/quote:1924e612de]

No problem - your note is OK by me.
Risden

Postby LMBombers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 pm

We have all invested time, energy and, those like me who have already created their team, money into this league. We are living through the possibility of one owner leaving us in the lerch and now a second owner is joining the crowd.....Great :evil:
LMBombers

Postby GFDWARF07 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I am not offering explanations for him, David, I am simply conveying what he has indicated to me via e-mail. I e-mailed him several more times and told him we are counting on him.

I am frustrated too, but I am not sure how an ultimatum helps at this juncture. We all share a common challenge here - we have one owner who is AWOL. We tried to find a replacement and could not (at least thus far). Why punish the other 10 owners by backing out if ldanred fails to show? You made a commitment to all of us by joining. A second wrong does not help the situation.

I have also created my team.

We have 11 good eggs here, let's not change that dynamic - we will wait for you to return if we need to, David.

"not that" Dan
GFDWARF07

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999