'69 DD Live Draft Done...and Away We Go!!!!

Our historical single season sets

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 pm

I had to go back 20 pages in the all-time greats forum, but there is a post titled "Adrian" which talks about how to get an account.

Adrian says that he set them all up as username/username....and if it says username not found, use the help to request using your email account.

so......franky35, any luck trying that?

if not, hopefully adrian can get the couple that aren't in the system set up asap.

paul
Paul_Long71

I think I am in

Postby Rjnewman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Looking for our draft...
Rjnewman

Postby franky35 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:08 am

Adrian replied to my email and now I have a username (franky35). How can I join our draft?
franky35

Postby caimrisek » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

I've tried to set up the draft on Diamond Dope...but...GordieHowe and ugrant are not yet registered...therefore I cannot yet complete the participants in the draft and place them in order for us to start drafting....
caimrisek

Postby Paul_Long71 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

I've played this set twice. did all right, but never at $60M. any of you '69 regulars feel like giving up some tips/advice to maybe get some good karma and feel good about helping out a '69 novice.

for example, before we did the auction draft I had no idea about Woodie Held....

any suggestions for a low-cap draft....if not, that's cool. just askin'........

:D :D :D

thanks,

Paul
Paul_Long71

Postby franky35 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Paul, I'd put my focus on Merv Rettenmund and Wayne Comer. jus kiddin.
Actually, the 2 wackiest high value / low price players are Held and Jim Hicks; although I think there are problems with both players. In most drafts, I see position players go well ahead of pitching and, for the most part, I would expect to see that to really be the case in a 60 mil draft. The reliever Ken Tatum will be one of the first pitchers off the board. I can guarantee that ugrant will be drafting power hitters and a hitter's park. I'll be drafting good fielding up the middle. rjnewman will draft a few 50 cent starters and a maximum of 2 pure relievers. Other than that, it is hard to predict how the draft will go.

Some other cheap players that will be drafted earlier than you might think: Ed Spezio, Clay Dalrymple, Don Pavletich, Martinez, Woody Woodward, Sandy Alomar, Billy Wynne, Dave Leonard, Mudcat Grant and Rollie Fingers (avoid Fingers).
franky35

Postby Paul_Long71 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

caimrisek,

please let us know when you get the draft set up. When I log into diamonddope, I see it, but it's grayed out so I assume it's not ready and not everyone has registered.

thanks,

Paul
Paul_Long71

Postby caimrisek » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:42 am

[quote:d7fd783e1d="Paul_Long71"]caimrisek,

please let us know when you get the draft set up. When I log into diamonddope, I see it, but it's grayed out so I assume it's not ready and not everyone has registered.

thanks,

Paul[/quote:d7fd783e1d]

I'm just waiting on GordieHowe and ugrant to register @ Diamond Dope. From previous posts ugrant said he won't be available unti the 19th....
caimrisek

Postby johnlaw1564 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 pm

[quote:dca78efbf0="franky35"]Paul, I'd put my focus on Merv Rettenmund and Wayne Comer. jus kiddin.
Actually, the 2 wackiest high value / low price players are Held and Jim Hicks; although I think there are problems with both players. In most drafts, I see position players go well ahead of pitching and, for the most part, I would expect to see that to really be the case in a 60 mil draft. The reliever Ken Tatum will be one of the first pitchers off the board. I can guarantee that ugrant will be drafting power hitters and a hitter's park. I'll be drafting good fielding up the middle. rjnewman will draft a few 50 cent starters and a maximum of 2 pure relievers. Other than that, it is hard to predict how the draft will go.

Some other cheap players that will be drafted earlier than you might think: Ed Spezio, Clay Dalrymple, Don Pavletich, Martinez, Woody Woodward, Sandy Alomar, Billy Wynne, Dave Leonard, Mudcat Grant and Rollie Fingers (avoid Fingers).[/quote:dca78efbf0]

I agree that Rettenmund should go early! (as in go home and wait for the phone call that will never happen)

We should see lots of pitchers under 2 mil with almost all of the high priced starting pitchers not being selected. Several positions always seem to be very thin (3B, SS, LF) and will get drafted fast and furious. I have been going with hitter friendly parks lately, but have had success at Comiskey in the past.

I will pick 9th overall, so I know I will not get Rico P. I can't wait to get on the clock and see who is available at 9! Best of luck to all! J Law
johnlaw1564

Postby franky35 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Can we trade draft picks? If so, I would like to trade out of the first pick.
franky35

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999