1969 60 MIL LIVE DRAFT - LEAGUE CHAT

Our historical single season sets

Postby Risden » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

[quote:2316955aa0="LMBombers"]Allstar, go ahead and make your pick manually skipping Risden.
[/quote:2316955aa0]

Ouch. Why did I get only ~ 7 hours before being skipped over? :? We lost power at home due to the storms.
Risden

Postby LMBombers » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:11 am

I'm sorry you lost power Risden. I don't know what the time limit for picks are in this draft but typically it is only somewhere between 2-4 hours. Seven hours is a long time between picks for the draft to be held up. Can you imagine how long a 16 round draft would take if everybody took over 7 hours (not counting evenings) to make a pick? LOL

Did you notice that earlier in the draft even the Commish was skipped?
LMBombers

Postby johnlaw1564 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:06 am

Risden - I am also sorry you lost power. The most standard live draft clock that I have seen after round one is usually ONE HOUR, usually from 9-5. I don't think we need a specific amount at this point in the draft. I did get skipped, as I had to leave town and my proxies ran out. I think the draft is progressing well. Remember, you must select a stadium at some point in the 16 rounds. At this pace, we may finish in time to load our teams by Friday night for a Monday night start!
johnlaw1564

Postby franky35 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Risden, I'm also sorry that happened. I almost posted a request to just wait a while, but I figured I'd let the commish handle it. I hope you didn't lose too many players.

That said, I've been entering proxies and the draft seems to be chugging along, getting to my picks faster than I'd thought.
franky35

Postby Risden » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 pm

To All - No harm, no foul from my perspective. I was on the fence between Gene Michael and Maury Wills for SS; Michaels was drafted and I got Wills.

No problems. I love the draft site; I just felt powerless (pun intended) when I could not get on the web.
Risden

Postby Rick Smith » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 pm

I accidently chose Jim Kaat. I clicked drop player and he was never dropped. When we get to the auto draft we will not choose him. If somebody else want to they can.
Rick Smith

Postby LMBombers » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:23 pm

I approved your drop of Kaat. You can choose your replacement player at any time now.

Hopefully no one has wanted Kaat since you picked him. It is generally not a good thing to drop players long after they were picked in a live draft. It is not fair to those that could have picked him up since he was drafted. On the other hand it is also not a good practice to NOT put the live drafted players you selected on your AD card which is why I went ahead and approved your drop.
LMBombers

Postby johnlaw1564 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Rick - Per LM, proceed with your pick. If anyone wants to select Jim Kaat, choose a horrible .5 mil player and announce your selection of "Kitty Kaat" here.
johnlaw1564

Postby LMBombers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:46 am

Kaat is available to be drafted again on the draft site. Why would we have to draft him here on the boards?

Some teams could be looking over rosters to see how your team is shaping up and draft players based on your team's roster. If people start dropping players and changing them for different kinds of players (Kaat - a LHP for Wilson - a RHP) it could really start messing up other teams too if they were counting up the number of LHP vs RHP that would be in their division for example.

Another example is if you are just now realizing.....Oh crap, I shouldn't have taken that high dollar player earlier in the draft because I have run out of cap space for anything other than 50¢ players so I'm going to drop that expensive player now. That stuff really screws up the integrity and strategy of others in this live draft. The rest of us realized what the cap was and were planning accordingly. Maybe we are holding back some money for certain players because we know you can't draft him because you are out of cap room.

I'm not the commish but I think no further player drops should be allowed IMO and every player that is live drafted MUST be put on your AD card. After the league is created and the AD runs you can change players to your heart's content. It is only fair to everyone in the league.
LMBombers

Postby Risden » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:42 am

[quote:1a1c58c57d="LMBombers"] I'm not the commish but I think no further player drops should be allowed IMO and every player that is live drafted MUST be put on your AD card. After the league is created and the AD runs you can change players to your heart's content. It is only fair to everyone in the league.[/quote:1a1c58c57d]

I agree. No more DROPS - there's only 3 rounds left - there will be ample time to shape your roster AFTER the live draft because we are only drafting 15 players.
Risden

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999