Theme League: Another Man's Treasure: Draft Thread

Our historical single season sets

Postby Sneezedoc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:03 am

Sorry about this mess
I feel somehow responsible but I have no idea what I did :roll:
I will check in sometime tomorrow to hopefully pick in round 8. It is my first day of solely computerized medical records in the office and I am giving Grand Rounds to 250 docs after that. (then I hopefully can come home in one piece and watch my Jets). So bear with me tomorrow-----I will check in. I actually look forward to these drafts as a change of pace to my day!!!!!
Sneezedoc

Postby dlarkins » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 am

although time consuming why don't we all list our drops then after all entered two approvals will effectuate each of them
we then ca have gdwarf stary us up again

i have listed my pick for a drop
dlarkins

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:36 am

If I have to drop, please send a "PM".
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 am

Hold on. How about if Dan (gfdwarf) drops May. Then decides who he wants. If that player has already been picked, then only that player gets dropped and the owner has a pick, and so on until a fresh player is selected. Once May gets dropped, then Sneeze takes May. If this works, then only a few players will be dropped. If it doesn't work, then everyone needs to drop players to get back to Dan's pick of May.

I only ask that owners make honest repicks - picking the player that they would have drafted before seeing who other owners took.
franky35

Franky that seems reasonable

Postby Rjnewman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 am

Lets see if we can get this accomplished. Can somebody do a mass email?Maybe Bob has them all?I will try to contact Gordie.
Rjnewman

Postby AllStarInc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

Dropped my two from Dan's list. They need to be approved by somebody.

I approved Ldan's drop.

Starting to think this was a really great idea that we don't have the proper tools to make easy enough for everybody to execute correctly?

I know somebody else is going to accidentally draft a player they nominated or a second superstar. I have almost done it three times.

What should we do then? Same thing? Ughhhhhh
AllStarInc

Postby GFDWARF07 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 am

OK, I dropped May and to be most fair will take Pepitone, as I originally had him set up behind Mincher as a second choice at 1B. Would probably sooner have someone else, but what the heck. Pepitone it will be. Then Bill can repick for Pepitone and we might be whole again? Will have to get ldanred to repick, as it looks like he dropped too.

I am going to be out a lot of the day today, so Bill if you are able please text if/when I come up next and we can get my pick done that way. Bill has my PW.

Sneeze, don't sweat it - (mea culpa coming) I feel the same way, as if I hadn't picked Mincher in error the whole chain of events may not have happened. But (obligatory disclaimer coming) surely someone else would have picked up Rudy! :wink:

And RJ, I like the idea of getting Bob to solve the problem! Only problem is Bob is not in this league... :P And he probably bills out at over $100/hour...
GFDWARF07

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 am

OK, thanks Dan.

So, Dan (gfdwarf) drops May and selects Pepitone. Bill drops Pepitone and picks someone else.

Let's see if that works.
franky35

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Get back Jack, do it again...

The Dan(s) need to make picks and we are back in business.

It looks like Bill dropped Pepitone and picked up Uhlander. So Pepitone is available. Dan (gfd) picks up Pepitone. Dan (idr) picks any available player. Then we are back on track with Sneeze and nearly done with Round 8.

It is just about time to break out the hats and hooters.
franky35

Postby dlarkins » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm

do we need to end the rain delay to make these picks?
dlarkins

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999