ATG VI DREAM LEAGUE SEASON 1 lDANRED, WE WAIT, AGAIN

Postby The Jerk Store » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:50 pm

I've got a 'scout team' all ready to draft, provided that ldanred is good enough to not choose any of the players I'm planning on selecting :)

So, once ldanred has his team ready I shouldn't be too long after him.

Is the league created yet?
The Jerk Store

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 am

No need to create the league yet. Itchy&scratchy is the only one who can create the league at the moment, and there's no need to rush. These drafts typically take some time.

As I wrote above, division are determined according to draft order, to make things fair for the lower seeds and keep things consistent throughout the life of the league..

East - 1,4,7,10
Central - 2,5,8,11
West - 3,6,9,12
Munich_Man

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:44 am

Should be fun to see if my squad can score more runs than it gives up. I was surprised to get so many of this team. Ruth, Hassler and Riddle were the only players I had to substitute from my slugging Dream Team I was saving for the first pick..

So now instead of Ruth in RF and Fletcher at 3B, I have Ted Williams and Torre. I think Williams will lead off for me. :D

These leagues are always interesting, as the lower picks know the opposing teams in their divisions already and can plan accordingly. Other owners like to go for records, try an extreme park or all platoons, etc. I'm looking forward to this.
Munich_Man

Postby Goreds54 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 am

I doubt you will be shut out this season. It would be hard to put together a more potent offense. This is a fun theme. I love being able to put my whole team together at one time. It is just as much fun even if you have a later pick because like you said, you can see the teams and parks of the other teams in your division.
Munich Man, In a league years ago, were you the player who let the draft and the frenzy run and then put your team together with the players that were left just to see how you would do? That was pretty daring at the time because there were so fewer cards.
Goreds54

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:21 am

yes, that was me. I did that in ATG I or II. I'll see if I can find that team.

I used to do all kinds of crazy "personsl themes" like that. Back in the day, it was much more challenging, as the player pool was so small. I did a couple Alphabet teams where I has 26 players, all with last names starting with a different letter of the alphabet, a couple all switch-hitting/all "E" rated pitchers, teams with no player faster than 10 speed (harder than you might think!), teams with all "4" fielders, set up challenge leagues where the owners salary cap was determined (inversely) by his carer winning percentage. Fun stuff!

Definitely not as challenging now (but certainly easier to put together!) with so many cards...
Munich_Man

Postby LJs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 am

All, I too will be traveling to DC and NYC beginning later this week and I don't return until the day before the Thanksgiving holiday. I pick last which shouldn't cause a problem but I also drafted a "scout team" just to see how many players I need to re-pick. :D

One suggestion I do have for this 12 season league is to consider beginning the selection of your next team at the mid-point of the current season. This willl keep the 12 season committement moving along and will give us plenty of lead time in the event a manager has to unexpectantly drop out.

Any thoughts?

LJs
LJs

Postby MEAT » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 am

yes LJ, we will start drafting the following season during the current one. typically we get moving around the time the trade deadline hits at game 141 in the current lge. good to see ldanred has surfaced, but I must say, ive never seen a team drafted in drips and drabs instead of all at once, but that's the power of the dream team theme...do it as you wish.
MEAT

Postby The Jerk Store » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm

ldanred's team is in, and now mine is too.

Errormagnate is up!
The Jerk Store

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

This is great, if we can keep getting at least two teams in each day, this will be finished in no time! Good job guys!
Munich_Man

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm

And errormagnate has already started, maybe we can get in a couple more teams today. It would be great if we could start the league on Monday.
Munich_Man

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat