AL ONLY POTTER FULL, slim pickens....

Postby moneymaze » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:20 pm

The good news is I'm happy with the balance of my team so far, and I haven't made any major misfires in the proxies. The bad news is the remaining positions are really, really picked over.
moneymaze

Postby calbatross » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Meat - I don't think you should be changing your draft pick over and over again... #129 was Jaso -> Scutaro -> O'Day... When you had Scutaro selected, I had modified my proxies based on the fact that he was no longer available. When you throw him back in the player pool, it screws up what I originally wanted to do (does that make sense)? I think we ought to stick with a rule of once picked, permanently picked unless an obvious or gross error has occurred. Otherwise, it's not very fair to those who use proxies or who might be tracking the draft in their own spreadsheets/lists.
calbatross

Postby calbatross » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 am

Selecting a player removes him from any other team owner's proxy lists too... so anyone who had Jaso or Scutaro proxied will not be able to select those players by proxy unless they go in and re-edit their proxies. It could get really messy. Since I don't usually log in until around 10:00 Central mornings, I am going to turn off my proxies and reevaluate the player pool in the morning.
calbatross

Postby MEAT » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:59 am

hey Cal, didn't even consider any of that, but you're right. sorry. card laid card played from now on, reversing it now would only make matters worse. just figured I'd pass the time with some canoodling since we were given the rest of the night off...never expected no other picks to be made the rest of the night. also totally oblivious to my network time passer effecting anyone else. apologies...
MEAT

Postby SGTD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 am

Cal, I re-evaulated the player pool and it sucks :shock: . I have proxies set and when Cal picks they will fire. My team may lose 90+ games :cry: . SGT D
SGTD

Postby Al Hogg » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:12 am

[quote:0c4bb72506="calbatross"]Meat - I don't think you should be changing your draft pick over and over again... I think we ought to stick with a rule of once picked, permanently picked unless an obvious or gross error has occurred. Otherwise, it's not very fair to those who use proxies or who might be tracking the draft in their own spreadsheets/lists.[/quote:0c4bb72506]

Thanks, Cal, to beating me to the punch with this comment. In the past, we've always pushed back on drops for this reason.
Al Hogg

Postby MEAT » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 am

again, never even thought of the proxy issue, obviously, and jaso was only selected because my own proxy fired in once scutaro was dropped, had to turn them off to drop him, which STILL didn't alert me to that issue. typically a drop would need approval, or actually I never would have made one if the draft had moved on.
MEAT

Postby moneymaze » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 am

Are we at the skip point for Cal? I believe it's been three hours since 9 AM Eastern.

I did send him a message via Facebook.

If it is skip time, Sarge would need to pick manually.
moneymaze

Postby SGTD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 am

I beleive the clock starts at 10am EST, which would make it 1pm EST. I have my proxies set. Cal must be in deep research :D . SGT D
SGTD

Postby SGTD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am

Cal picked, he took my second choice of Stadiums and I got Target Field so I am happy. Uptown is now up. SGT D
SGTD

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat