The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:26 am

I would favor a gentleman's agreement to only move players to:

A) Change things around a little (once or twice a season)
B) Sub for Injuries
C) Retool for final stretch/playoffs

and agree not to change around rosters for homestands and such.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:40 am

From what I can see on the Transaction List, it only appears to be moves just like the ones you have described.

However, I do think that team depth gives everyone the right to remove a player that is stinking up the joint for new blood. Wasn't that what the Haren/Small move/s you made were for KD? Or the Rincon/Flores move I made?

And remember, that after Game 141 there will be no more transactions allowed so there can be no playing starts or anything like that coming down the playoff stretch.

I have not seen any indication of "abuse" of any kind with these type of transactions at all, but if there was someone that thought that they could make rampant moves to their benefit I don't know that I would oppose them. I don't necessarily see the absloute success of such a method but then again, maybe that is why I seem to suck in SOM. :(

I just don't want to discourage anyone from making moves that they think can help their team as I thought that was the main principle behind having a 40 man roster. While I do realize, that in the ML they do have a waiver system in play -- there are quite of few unlimited moves allowed at the outset, and as much as I like recordkeeping and all, I don't think I would like to keep track of all the roster moves that are made as well.

That all said, if there seemed to be an overwhelming majority that would favor some kind of gentelmen's agreement that could be written in a very comprehensive way I would not oppose it being put to a vote, but the one that D-T just wrote above is very vague in my opinion (esp. A), and open to a lot of interpretation (something I think is inherent when there is no hard/fast rule).

Also, not that this is a just defense, but being that half of us also are in Qk's league where there ARE unlimited roster moves allowed, I would prefer to keep as many things similar (whithin reason) as possible to avoid possible confusion. However, as FD poined out to me last night -- there is a third league in existence -- The USKL2 -- and even though I was in that one at the outset, I am not anymore and realize there are probably differences there (and that there are quite a few of you in that one as well).

Oy vay ... :?

My intention above, was to once and for all list a concrete, black and white set of rules that would eliminate all the gray areas that have afflicted us once and for all, not open up more confusion or controversy.

<sigh>
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:24 pm

You're right Sandy - the Haren/Small transactions are exactly the thing. Perhaps a cap on the amount of times you could send down a player underperforming is what's needed. I don't know - I wasn't aware it was a big problem.

And you're also right that its confusing keeping these leagues straight - I'm in all of them, and each has its own set of rules that differ to some degree from the others...makes my brain hurt sometimes :shock: :? :wink:
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:42 pm

I hear you. I really do think this is possibly a case of "much ado about nothing."

I was just hoping we could take these ten hard rules and move onward now myself. My brain is hurting all the time it seems these days. :cry:

I just want to "play ball" now and look forward to a Supplemental Draft which I guess I will be needing once again. :( :evil:
cirills

Postby cirills » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:06 pm

Meanwhile, just a friendly reminder for y'all.

You have 7 more series -- 21 games -- to play, and then you will be allowed to expand your roster to a max of 28 players for your "September Roster Expansion" playoff push.

I will post more updates as we get closer.

G/L to all as we come down the stretch and once again, please welcome our newest junkie, Cummings2 (taking over for Bigmahon). :D

Your humble servant,

Sandy
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:57 am

Can we just mention for a second the 12-6, 3.31 era revelation that is [b:8dca9625aa]Carlos Frikkin Silva[/b:8dca9625aa]!!! :D
qksilver69

Postby cummings2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:58 am

Thnx Sandy (and Stoney) for the warm welcome...going through The soon to be "London Double Trouble" Squad. Getting ready for the supplemental draft -this is the one where I can drop/P.U. a max of 3, right?

Are trades allowed at any point during the season and off-seasons?

If so, remember boyos: all players on my team are available, no-one is untouchable...none a give-away either :wink:
cummings2

Postby nythawk129921 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:39 am

Cummings check your PM
nythawk129921

Postby cirills » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:48 am

Trades are not only allowed but encouraged, and can be made at any time, any place and anywhere. :D

And yes, our league will have a max THREE round supplemental draft coming up between the two seasons (after a majority your "stingy" fellow owners voted down an increase! :evil: :twisted: :P )
cirills

Postby cirills » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:50 am

[quote:c34fcbcfde]Can we just mention for a second the 12-6, 3.31 era revelation that is Carlos Frikkin Silva!!! [/quote:c34fcbcfde]
Absolutely. Apparently he was worth that exceptionally high pick he was in the FA Draft. :P

Enjoy this and the next season from him however, because it looks like that is ALL you will get out of him! :wink: :P
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat