"Pre-Card Draft" Keeper League

Postby willmurr24 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Sparrows trade Billy Wagner to Smores for number four pick in free agent draft after this season
willmurr24

Postby thisisdan26 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Confirmed
thisisdan26

Postby Jerlins » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Judging from some of my current players success over the 1st 100 games, it seems I'll have excess of players at 2nd, SS, 3rd. Feel free to inquire or make an offer. Not interested in players currently with a good card but not much help in the future. Will do straight up for your excess at other positions or perhaps include one from these positions plus another player for an upgrade, for example, Kendrick and Rasmus for a better CF.
Jerlins

Postby blsmith7 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Well - I reverse black-catted myself before the playoffs and it worked. Though I was seriously worried about having a 5e65 at SS for both series, which is essentially what is was with Beckham - who only made one error.

Some other astounding notes from the final two games in case you missed it: John Buck hit for the cycle in Game 3 and was 7 for 8 in the game, which went 14 innings - and didn't even warrant a mention in the recap because CarGo hit 3 HRs. It was a wild game that was won even after Danks gave up 6 runs in the 1st.

In game 4, Buck went 3 for 3 with 3 runs, but again wasn't mentioned because Corey Hart had 3 HRs and 9 rbis, while R. Zimmerman scored 5 runs.

Congrats to Palmtana for making it to the Finals, and to Dan and Bbasebrawl for making the playoffs!
blsmith7

Postby bbasebrawl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 pm

congrats smitty, job well done
bbasebrawl

Postby tcochran » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Congrats on a great season, Smitty. 100+ wins, great hitting, solid performance in playoffs. Well done!

For the rest of us, I look forward to drops being posted in January, pre-card drafting in February, and then starting the next season once again on the day the cards are released.
tcochran

Postby Palmtana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Well done smitty! 4-0. Now I have to be added to [url=http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wssweeps.shtml]this ignominious list[/url].

I looked back at your 6 man swap with Pirhala. Not only did it help you get your ring but it's looking like the value of the players will break about even for next year. The 4 hitters you received (Hardy, Hart, Thome, Votto) have an avg. OPS this year of .855. The 4 you gave up (Butler, Asdrubal, Peralta, Joyce) are at .838. Mo and League are a draw. Pirhala's Norris is performing a bit better than your Ubaldo.

Let's have a rematch next season!
Palmtana

Postby Pirhala » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:07 am

[quote:44ba4bd29d="Palmtana"]Well done smitty! 4-0. Now I have to be added to [url=http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wssweeps.shtml]this ignominious list[/url].

I looked back at your 6 man swap with Pirhala. Not only did it help you get your ring but it's looking like the value of the players will break about even for next year. The 4 hitters you received (Hardy, Hart, Thome, Votto) have an avg. OPS this year of .855. The 4 you gave up (Butler, Asdrubal, Peralta, Joyce) are at .838. Mo and League are a draw. Pirhala's Norris is performing a bit better than your Ubaldo.

Let's have a rematch next season![/quote:44ba4bd29d]

Yeah, that trade was possibly a mistake, but at the time the players I aquired were far outperforming the players I gave up. Oh well, took a chance to hopefully field a better team next year. Just have to wait and see what the cards look like.
Pirhala

Heads up

Postby Pirhala » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey guys, I am in the process of moving from England to America and it is taking up a significant amount of my time. I have been trying to check in as much as possible, but I may miss some things. One thing I do do is check my e-mail everyday. So if something is going on and I am needed please drop me an email at dpirhala@gmail.com
Pirhala

Postby tcochran » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:15 pm

No worries. Good luck on the move!
tcochran

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat