Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Postby motherscratcher » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:49 am

Jimmiejoe, welcome back! How was your trip into the wildes of the Chinese outback?

Yeah, unique parks allows for same park different year. While we are both in Forbes, our singles rating are pretty dissimilar.

If you had another park in mind but drafted Forbes because you thought it was unavailable I don't think anyone would have a problem you switching. If you want Forbes all to yourself I can switch to a similar park like Robison, if only because of my deep deep respect for a man who once jumped from a moving vehicle because he wanted to go back to the bar.

When you frenzy, you set a time for the draft to run and skip over waivers. I've never done it.

Right now the league is set up for normal waivers which is probably just as well, unless anyone has any strenuous objections.
motherscratcher

Postby motherscratcher » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:52 am

Herpad - I thought you were getting the card last tuesday?

I'm still willing to transfer a credit to you so you can get your team in as long as you promise to transfer one back to me when you get your card.
motherscratcher

Postby jimmiejoe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I'll send some photos or post to shutterfly or something if you want. I did go to the siberian tiger park, but didnt throw down for the live cow to feed them. couldnt quite justify over $400 for a chance at a video...

Harbin, despite only being the latitude of Montreal is damn cold! and I've spent over 30 days above the arctic circle (but that was years ago)

end of the day, glad i went.

I dont care either way about stadiums, but Forbes '57 was more in line with the team i was drafting. just to be clear though, what are the rules for the 3 season stadium swap? 3 ratings away on all points? maybe a specific example if I keep Forbes '09, (8,8,0,0) can I switch into Royals (14, 14, 3,3)?

i'm personally OK with a frenzy, so whatever the league wants.

I'll get team signed into the league soon

jj
jimmiejoe

Postby dukie98 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

I floated the suggestion about switching stadiums in consecutive years to one that was 3 points away in each of the ratings, but that idea did not get adopted-- instead, we can keep our stadiums for up to three years. In any event, no need to worry about it until next season.

Make sure that the Central is full before you load your team-- otherwise, the divisions will be messed up.

Welcome back and good luck.
dukie98

Postby rjohaire » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Now that the league is set up on waivers, you can't make it a frenzy.
I've found frenzies to be better with drafted teams - hate waiting the 2 days to be able to switch players and since most of the team was drafted anyway...... maybe next season

On another note - if you do a lookup within the draft for the 10 players your autodrafting and make sure they are available, it might save some confusion later.
rjohaire

Postby jimmiejoe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 am

one more - is the expectation that we slot our drafted players 1-15 and the others 16-25?

just dont want to find out i lost the guys i wanted because they are ranked lower in my list.
jimmiejoe

Postby andycummings65 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 am

Most leagues I have played place the drafted players at the bottom of the card.

I made the league waivers because, though we have drafted the vast majority of our teams already, I didnt want make the mini-frenzy at waivers an advantage for some and a disadvantage for others based on the waiver time selected.
andycummings65

Postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 am

I placed the players drafted on DD at the bottom of my card. This seemed to make the most sense to me. Is this the way that everyone else is doing it?
motherscratcher

Postby PillPop » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

[quote:8e4aa526a4="motherscratcher"]I placed the players drafted on DD at the bottom of my card. This seemed to make the most sense to me. Is this the way that everyone else is doing it?[/quote:8e4aa526a4]

Yes. That's how it's done.
PillPop

Postby PillPop » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

[quote:d99376764c="jimmiejoe"]one more - is the expectation that we slot our drafted players 1-15 and the others 16-25?

just dont want to find out i lost the guys i wanted because they are ranked lower in my list.[/quote:d99376764c]

Put the 15 players you drafted on DD at the bottom of your draft card (i.e., 11-25).
PillPop

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat