Summer - Winter Keeper League Chat

Postby JMP1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Youkalis or Stanton is available for a stud LF or SS and other considerations.
JMP1

Postby jmccully61 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 pm

1. Nick Johnson
2. Cesar Izturis
3. Jeff Manship
4. Pinto
5. Barry Zito
6. Jose Contreas
7. Wade Leblanc

For my other 3 drops, can someone please send me an updated roster. For example, I know that I have Madson, O'Flathery, and I no longer have Jurjjens. It would be most helpful for me to make my final drops knowing what is on my roster, and how many roster spots I have.
jmccully61

Postby JMP1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Dreamingtree (Joe) Please check your PM. Also sent you an email with rosters.
JMP1

Paging Damien, ironwill1, and thisiray

Postby tcochran » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 am

Posted on main TSN/SOM forim:

SWKL annual draft is scheduled to begin on July 5 and we have not heard from you yet.

Will you be joining us for the new season? Or should we seek replacements?

Terry
tcochran

Proposed Rule Changes

Postby JMP1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

[quote:dc430726a2="kaviksdad"][quote:dc430726a2="dreamingtree#41"]I will be the first to admit that I did not deserve to make the Playoffs this season with a record below .500. There were 3 other teams that deserved to make the Playoffs before me, and honestly a team with 90 wins should be in the Playoffs before me.

I understand that we reseed the divisions after each season according to who made the Playoffs the Season before. However, this has some unintended side effects, aka Damien666 this season.

If we continue our current format, then I believe this will not be the first a situation like this will occur.

Instead of forming Division 1 with the top 4 teams, Division 2 with the middle 4 teams, and Division 3 with the worst 4 teams. What about forming divisions randomly? I am sure there are other ways this could be done too.

Is anyone interested trying to avoid having another team with a record below .500 in the Playoffs again?[/quote:dc430726a2]

I'm reposting this because it deserves some attention. I can recall numerous times when I've seen 90+ win teams lose out because of a strong division. In autoleagues that's just the bad luck of the draw. In keepers like this it offers it's own peculiarities.

The argument, as I see it, is this: what's the focus in forming divisions? Letting the top teams battle it out in one division with the knowledge that the subsequent re-seeding after the season will even things out over time.

Or do we put the top three teams in their separate divisions? There you run the risk of letting a monster continually win the division year after year. Which does sometimes happen too.

OR, what about a hybrid system - put the top 3 teams in separate divisions, then use overall records from the last season determine the rest? Like a mix of the way we do it now minus the best 3 teams, which automatically are in separate divisions.

Now that we're all hovering around this will get the talk going[/quote:dc430726a2]

I believe restucturing how we set up divisions is a good idea.

Can't find the rules, but with a firm start date for the draft I would like tom suggest we use the clock beginning with the first round.

Can we take a vote on these two issues?
JMP1

Re: Paging Damien, ironwill1, and thisiray

Postby thisisray » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

[quote:bc651c2d57="tcochran"]Posted on main TSN/SOM forim:

SWKL annual draft is scheduled to begin on July 5 and we have not heard from you yet.

Will you be joining us for the new season? Or should we seek replacements?

Terry[/quote:bc651c2d57]

I am in. Could someone email me the current rosters at raydutcher3@gmail.com and I will post my drops soon.
thisisray

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Headed your way Ray
kaviksdad

Postby tcochran » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: Dreamingtree and JMP1's discussion of changing the divisions:

I understand the concern about good teams missing the playoffs -- I've been there and done that!

On the other hand, I wonder if we will chase away managers of lesser teams if we force them to pay $40 or $50 to get stomped for two seasons before they have a chance at another annual draft?

If we were only playing one season with each card set, then I could support some type of division changes. With two seasons, though, I think we would lose some managers who just would have no chance at all in the second season each year.

What do others think?
tcochran

Postby The Turtle » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 pm

if you need a replacement, I might be game
The Turtle

Postby jmccully61 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm

I would be willing to trade either my 2nd, 6th, and 7th, round pick of the Free Agent draft for next year for a 2nd and 5th round pick in this year's draft, or some type of deal that resembles the latter.
jmccully61

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat