Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Postby rjohaire » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm

If someone mistakenly drafts one of your drafted played, don't get excited, mistakes happen, just send him a trade offer and you should get your player as soon as the manager checks in.
rjohaire

Postby herpad1959 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Just enter my team, central division is complete.
herpad1959

Postby dukie98 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 pm

10 teams in. Once OakAth and jimmiejoe load their teams, we'll be ready to roll.
dukie98

Postby jimmiejoe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Looks like I'm last. Just verify about my stadium - I thought they were like players - pick one during the draft and can swap it when joining the league.

Short of it is I'd prefer Forbes '57 but want to confirm it won't cause any heartburn.

I won't wait for 100% response, but would like a few verifications prior to submitting my team.

Thanks -- jj
jimmiejoe

Postby PillPop » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:36 am

Actually the stadiums are not exactly like players, but, since you drafted Forbes 09, I think it's okay to switch. It's really up to Moscratcher.
PillPop

Postby rjohaire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am

don't think I've ever been in a draft where you can swap stadiums after the draft.
If you had taken Yankee because you thought once a Forbes was taken, all Forbes were taken, then you had a misunderstanding of the rules, but in this case it seems you didn't.
rjohaire

Postby jimmiejoe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 am

I understand stadiums are not exactly like players, but here's the line of discussions that had me believing they would be treated similarly:

"Ballparks: might be cool to have each manager pick a city or franchise and give managers the option of using any, say Forbes Field in a given season "

"As far as the parks go, I could see it either way and I'm ok with it either way. It might be fun to have to play different parks every year. On the other hand, the purpose of a keeper league is to have some continuity from season to season so it makes sense to extend that to the parks as well.

I do think we should have a round for parks as part of the draft so we don't end up with 4 Dunns, 3 Hiltops, and 5 Forbes."

"I think that unique stadium is a must and I'm okay with the idea that you have the option to keep the same stadium through the entire theme... at the very least, you should have the option to stay in *a* Forbes or *a* Yankee the whole time so your team becomes like a real franchise."

"5. A manager can use a park for 3 seasons before he has to change. This is so other managers can have a chance at a park if they want it."

With this being me 3rd ever season, I dont have a frame of reference for what things 'usually' mean.

At the end of the day, I really dont think it will make that big a difference in my team performance.

It makes no sense to me that by drafting Pete Rose '69, I am free to decide at any time to substitute Pete Rose '75 or '76 - but I can not draft Forbes '09 then decide to use Forbes '57

Probably need to clarify this question too - I drafted Thurman Munson (1970) - the $3.8M one. Do I have to enter this one in my league draft or can I enter the 1978 $1.57M version?

Thanks for the patience -- jj
jimmiejoe

Postby rjohaire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:58 am

The players are interchangable - you own the rights to Rose and can use any of his cards.
Can see the confusion with the stadium.
Guess Mother will have to make the call (might be a good idea to rewrite the rules and have the final version in one place)
rjohaire

Postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am

Sorry I'm late to this discussion. It sounds like it's up to me as commissioner to decide. I'm going to let jimmiejoe change his park for a few reasons:

1. He's right that it isn't at all clear in the rules and it makes some sense to assume that he would assume that he had the rights to ALL of the Forbes stadiums.

2. It's only his third season here. He knows what he's doing as far as this kind of "fantasy" type format, but it's not like he's been around long enough to know all of the things that the more experienced of you take for granted.

3. Forbes was his last pick, so it's not like he drafted his park in the 8th round and his competition adjusted their drafts to match his park. And, I have a hard time thinking that the autodraft backup players that everyone put on their cards would be greatly affected based on a change from Forbes '09 to Forbes'57.

4. This is supposed to be fun so I suggest that we cut jimmiejoe a break on this one, as I don't really see how it could greatly affect the rest of us one way or another.

SO go ahead and chance parks jimmiejoe.

HOWEVER!!!! jimmiejoe, wait until later to enter your team. As soon as you enter the autodraft will run and we will be locked in. I'd like to give the other players most of the day to make changes to their autodraft card if they so choose based on your stadium choice.

IF THERE IS ANY MANAGER who wants to make any changes, let us know here. we will wait for you to back out, make the appropriate changes, and get back in before jimmiejoe enters his team.

Sound OK to everyone?
motherscratcher

Postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 am

rjoh - You are absolutely correct. It is my league and ultimately my fault for the confusion.

I will take you suggestion and work on updating/clarifying the rules. That way there will be less confusion after the first season when we go to the keeper/steal rounds prior to the second season.
motherscratcher

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat