200/60 Keeper League- Year 4

Postby Rant » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I need a rule clarification. How much leeway do we have for replacing injured players? For instance, can I drop an uninjured player in order to afford the replacement for the injured player? Can I pick up multiple players even if they don't replace an injured player?
Rant

Postby Terry101 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:07 pm

The idea is to eliminate unlimited transactions and to mimic the way most leagues are run. So, to answer your question, injury players can be dropped and the spirit of the rule is the least amount of moves necessary to replace the injured player and still stay under 60.

Yes, you can drop an uninjured player- if absolutely necessary to make the cap work.

Picking up multiple players is probably not within the spirit; it seems more like reworking the roster rather than replacing an injured player.

Another way to look at it is- if you are looking at the opposing team you are about to play and making a move accordingly- that's going against the rules. In other words there can be no clear-cut way to say what to do with an injury (because of the cap restrictions) but the injury can not be used to arrange starting pitching matchups or to attempt to gain a temporary advantage over your opponent.

Under no circumstances would SP's be switched out, for example, if an offensive player was injured. Here is a most obvious example:

A 5 mil OF injured for 3 games. You are not pitching your 5 mil pitcher in the next series, so you drop him and pick up a 10 mil OF for the three game set. That's against the rules.
Terry101

Postby Rant » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks Terry. I think I've been in compliance with my injuries, but didn't want to step outside the parameters set up.
Rant

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Terry - there are some of us that are so "cap-squeezed" that it isn't a matter of simply dropping a single player. In order to stay within the bounds of cap restrictions in order to "replace" an injured player we might have to redo the entire roster - so to speak - to get the numbers to add up right. Or to get the numbers to work and get an injury replacement at the correct position it might be necessary to drop an expensive starting pitcher and pick up a cheaper version because your injury replacement is more expensive than the player he's replacing. It becomes more a matter of just sucking it up because you can't go over the $60M level regardless. So we're stuck and at a disadvantage compared to the teams with more flexible (i.e. - less expensive) rosters.

Not that I'm complaining. That's part of the strategy, and most managers here, for the most part, seem to focus on winning either the "big" or the "little" league rather than win them both. Not to say we don't try to be competitive in both - rather our odds of winning both are lessened the more you focus on winning them individually.
kaviksdad

Postby Terry101 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm

I hear you. I guess it just comes down to trying to gain an advantage- or not. We've all been the league awhile- I don't think anyone is looking to circumvent the rules because of an injury. I think we are all ok- change when there is an injury and change back to the original lineup when the injury is over. Really, however many transactions it takes is ok, if that's the only way it can be done.
Terry101

Poverty Pays!

Postby Cubit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:43 pm

We're still rolling along here and the League's doing a great job.
Cubit

Postby Rally Sally » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 pm

2012 season thread bump!
Rally Sally

!

Postby Cubit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Rally! Cubit here and ready to go
Cubit

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm around. What are the dates of the upcoming drafts, etc.?

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby Rant » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Present
Rant

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat