YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:03 pm

I want to clarify what I said on the draft thread. [b:51338662ec]My team is in compliance with all rules.[/b:51338662ec] By fixing my team, I meant only drop/ad to create a better team and rectify my ill advised draft selections and compensate for my continually changing strategy. My repicks were only to fix my erroneously drafting those who had already been drafted. I have not had any rule compliance issues.
Mr Baseball World

Postby spicki17 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:03 pm

i skipped memphis cuz his time was up after mrbbw's pick. i didnt know doc got skipped...
spicki17

Postby pacoboy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Regarding the FIX issue.

1 - Bigmahon violated the "24" Rule and made his "FIX" like most....but he then fell upon CAP issues and thus was forced into my PENALTY.

....not sure how he came upon the player he add/dropped initially and didn't select a slightly higher $ player to drop to be able to keep Hornsby....didn't follow how that played out.

However,

2 - It appears people picked players to swap which were basicly BENCH or unimportant players and thus, easily kept to their origional roster.

IMHO, what "SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE" by all is to roll back from their most recent pick and see if there was a player available.....and if that player was a HIGH $ player to kick them out of the CAP - then they should be foreced to pick that player and suffer the same penalty as Bigmahon.

...not just cherry pick who they want to drop.

I will review the SLIPS / FIX PICKS in a bit and give my "FINDINGS" to the court of Foggy.
pacoboy

Postby modmark46 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Went ahead and made my Rd. 24 pick. G. Suggs, RP. Even though DocTax & Memphis have yet to go, they can't take another S player, so it was safe to do. Just DocTax, Memphis & BigMahon need to pick, and then we are on to the Stick Picks. :)
modmark46

MY FINDINGS / OPINIONS ON HE'S MEAT

Postby pacoboy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:02 pm

...NOW THIS IS JUST MY OPINION BUT.....

He's Meat was going strong until his last few picks.

Going into his last 3 picks he only had 1 RH SP (W.Johnson) and need to make his last 3 picks RH SP's.

Rolling back the most recent

Pick # 24 ...his swap out of his last pick (Oquendo) for D.Palmer - IMHO - is cool......Oquendo was an ILLEGAL pick beause it put He's Meat out of Compliance.

Pick # 23 - J.Niekro - GOOD, no problems

Pick # 22 - Reuther (LHSP) was also ILLEGAL because he HAD TO HAVE an RH SP at that spot - HAD TO HAVE is the KEY wording here.

IMHO, Reuther is the pick that needs to be changed and NOT S.Miller.

Reuther was ILLEGAL.

Now if there is a valid available RH SP under this cap then IMO it should be a valid swap.

If the only RH SP left [b:f1e03bdf27]at "R" or another letter available to him [/b:f1e03bdf27]puts him OVER the cap then He's Meat should meet the same fate as Bigmahon.

That is my findings.

Commish ?
pacoboy

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 pm

Rozema and Don Robinson would both work in place of Reuther(both are cheaper than Ruether). Likewise he would have his sdal letter which he has not used as another optionin replacing Reuther.
Mr Baseball World

FINDINGS ON ROSENTHEM

Postby pacoboy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:21 pm

Now I think this one is a mistake being made by proabaly half the league.

The STICK PICKS really confused some people. (maybe me - who knows).

FACTS:

1 - Under the "24" rule we need to cut down to 24
2 - Under the STICK PICK rule we need to HOLD OPEN $10mil

Thus, we are allowed to draft 24 players <= $90 Mil.

WITH LUNDGREN, my math tells me that rosenthem has $88.50 mil spent on her 24 players....thus, I don't know why there needs to be a change.

HOWEVER, the CONFUSION I see is that people are trying to account for the 25th palyer to fill out our draft cards for the autodraft.

Since we know going in that we will be cutting down to 24, it is obvious (to me anyway) that you can spend your $90 mil on the 24 player draft and not account for the last 25th player since you can not keep him anyway.
pacoboy

Postby MEAT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 pm

I can live with that, as aptly perceived, I was doing all I knew to stay in compliance, I simply misunderstood that arguement we were having about opposite starting pitching and thought we had agreed you only needed two. if I hadn't thought that, I could and would have easily been in compliance. I'll keep stu miller and find another rh starting pitcher, preferably an "r' of some kind...if foggy signs off on it. I think by the time reuther was taken that late in the draft, few if any owners could have legally taken him even if they wanted to.
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:28 pm

Im also fine with fixiing after stick picks or whenever, we're not talking about hornsby here.
as far as the stick pick, im even more confused...no wait, I get it...we draft 24, we get stuck with two more, someone's gotta go on draft sheet...but won't that mean most of us turn in an illegal roster for the tsn draft? I don't know anyone who wouldn't fall out of some compliance by leaving off someone they've already drafted. do we still retain the rights to that 26th player?
MEAT

FINDINGS ON GIDDYUP

Postby pacoboy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Simplest of them all.

Giddyup dropped the illegal KENNEDY pick already.

..he just needs to make a pick/replacement.

But this should be done by the end of this draft or at the very end.

....and NOT after the autodraft.

Sooner the better for his sake before cheap and/or key players are taken
pacoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat