1919 to 1929 live draft theme CHAT

Postby Palanion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:00 pm

[b:6154d48bbf]hack wilson - [/b:6154d48bbf]you must drop Martina, as this gives you 11 pitchers.

Remember folks, you must adhere to the autodraft guidelines in order to load your team later.
10 pitchers, of which 5 must start, 3 must be pure RP
15 hitters of which 2 must be catchers

The following managers are FULL for pitching:
hack wilson, Rube1, Badjam, Mr. Baseball World

Thanks
Bill
Palanion

Postby AeroDave10 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I need a drop approved since I just realized that I won't be able to afford all these bums and need to find cheaper bums to replace them.
AeroDave10

Postby Palanion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm

FULL Requirements:
Hitting: danielz
2 catchers: all, except Badjam
Pitching: hack wilson, Rube1, bontomn, Badjam, Mr. BBW, and danielz (with the needed required RP to be taken)

With Danielz gone until Sunday, we will have plenty of time to load teams.
Based on the draft order, the EAST will not finish loading until Sunday at the earliest:
EAST
AeroDave
hack wilson
danielz
nymets99

CENTRAL
Palanion
Rube1
dharmabums
Badjam

WEST
genegrid
tomwistar
dacelo (bontomn)
Mr. Baseball World

Tomorrow, I will start the league, give the PW to the East managers, and then withdraw my team (I'm not in the East).
Palanion

Postby Hack Wilson » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Oops, too many pitchers (of beer!). Ah, whaddaya expect from a knucklehead!

....i'll make the drop change. It needs approved. :oops:
Hack Wilson

Postby MIKEGILBERT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 pm

I am off the 'net tomorrow starting at noon Pacific time, and I'm in the central. This probably doesn't matter, since Daniel is also off the net, unless he gave someone access to join the league.

I'll be back later Monday.
MIKEGILBERT

Postby Palanion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Rube... you're up dude. I think you were up when you posted... you must be preparing for a [i:230afc9977]really [/i:230afc9977]good vacation. :P
Palanion

Postby MIKEGILBERT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm on it!
MIKEGILBERT

draft finished ??

Postby nymets99 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 am

Just waiting on Mr BBW's last pick.league setup
Last edited by nymets99 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
nymets99

Postby Palanion » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:35 am

nymets has set up the league and has sent the pw to the EAST managers.

We still await Mr. BBW's last pick--must be a hitter.

The free agents are:
OF Adam Comorosky
C Hank Deberry, Mike Gonzalez, Earl Grace, Cy Perkins, Johnny Schulte
P Win Noyes, Allen Sothoron

That's it. This should be interesting. I think most of us have at least one strength (e.g., defense, bullpen, infield hitting) and at least one weakness (e.g., lack of power, below-average bullpen).

I think the teams that might be the toughest to beat are tomwistar, dharmabums, and bontomn/dacelo, though I also think I have the worst team and will find it tough to beat anyone.
danielz and nymets look really good too - I wonder if that's the fight to watch in the East.
I should easily be last in the Central, Badjam and Rube look good while dharmabums might be the best overall.
The toughest overall division could be the West. tomwistar and dacelo look great, but Mr. BBW has arguably the best IF defense and best bullpen with a solid rotation, and genegrid seems pretty balanced while being led by the Sultan of Swat.

Good luck gang... I wonder what ballparks people are taking... hmmm
Palanion

Palanion, you're being modest

Postby dharmabums » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

I think your team will do pretty well. You have some good picks, and Speaker will be solid. I was po'd with you for weaseling Clyde Barnhardt on me. May he be perpetually injured!!! And then I got to thinking "what kind of weird league is this that I'm all upset about missing Barnhardt." :lol:

I'm expecting a lot of low scoring games from my team. Starting pitching will be good, but Baby Doll Jacobson is my slugger! How did that happen? :cry:

I think you're right about the importance of injuries and bench strength. This league might be best named for some Survivor episode. GL all. Looking forward to the season.
dharmabums

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat