Summer - Winter Keeper League Chat

Postby jmccully61 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

How will I know when my team has been transferred? Also, is there any way to void the Herrerra trade? I drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round of the free agent draft because of Utley's injury problems for this year.
jmccully61

Postby tcochran » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:00 pm

[quote:4c4853b5ee="dreamingtree#41"]How will I know when my team has been transferred? Also, is there any way to void the Herrerra trade? I drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round of the free agent draft because of Utley's injury problems for this year.[/quote:4c4853b5ee]

a. If I understand correctly, you'll know the team is yours when your name shows up next to it in the league standings.

b. No, changes made in your absence will not be un-done, causing a ripple effect throughout the league.
tcochran

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 pm

[quote:b656fbcd33="dreamingtree#41"]How will I know when my team has been transferred? Also, is there any way to void the Herrerra trade? I drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round of the free agent draft because of Utley's injury problems for this year.[/quote:b656fbcd33]

We'll work something out - given the circumstances I'm not opposed to sending Herrera back.

But we need to wait and see if Bernie can get everything fixed by Monday night when the season begins.
kaviksdad

Postby bernieh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Per your request, ownership of the Cold Hots has been transferred from joekendall to dreamingtree#41. In return, a team credit has been transferred from dreamingtree#41's account to joekendall's.

If there's anything else that needs to be done, send me an email using the Help / Contact Us link as usual, i.e. don't respond to me in this forum thread.

Enjoy!
bernieh

Postby jmccully61 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

My team has been transferred. I dont care about the suppemental picks. However, if it is ok with Kaviviksdad, it would be much appreicated it if we could void the Herrerra trade. As I have already stated, normally I wouldnt care, but because of both Utley's and Reyes's injury problems I really need Hererra. If one goes back and looks at last season, then you will notice how much I had to use him.
Last edited by jmccully61 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmccully61

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 pm

DreamingTree - check PM
kaviksdad

Postby jmccully61 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Listen, I have discussed trades with Kavisdad, and it is going no where.

I would never have traded Herrera (the 2nd pick in the last free agent draft due to Utley). I was in the HOSPITAL for about a week, when this occurred. Is there a rule in our league for this? No, but when the rules were written I do not think any of us thought something like this would happen.

Is there any way the league can take a vote to nullify the trade of Herrera due to unexpected events?
jmccully61

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:21 pm

[quote:f70947fa16="dreamingtree#41"]Listen, I have discussed trades with Kavisdad, and it is going no where.

I would never have traded Herrera (the 2nd pick in the last free agent draft due to Utley). I was in the HOSPITAL for about a week, when this occurred. Is there a rule in our league for this? No, but when the rules were written I do not think any of us thought something like this would happen.

Is there any way the league can take a vote to nullify the trade of Herrera due to unexpected events?[/quote:f70947fa16]

The league can vote however it wants. Doesn't mean a thing to me. I made a deal in good faith with the league-approved owner of that franchise. DT's issues have nothing whatsoever to do with me.

And if this is what's in store - bring back Joe
kaviksdad

Postby jmccully61 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:28 pm

How do the other members of the league feel about this situation? Should this trade for Herrera be allowed, even though I was in the hospital? As a result, I had to contol over my team during those few days.

In other words, how would somone in this league feel if the latter happened to them?

Finally, I will not mention what he wants in return for Herrera as well, which is much more than an arm and a leg.
jmccully61

Ok, lets see the discussion to get Herrera back:

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

[quote:9c34dcc946="dreamingtree#41"]How do the other members of the league feel about this situation? Should this trade for Herrera be allowed, even though I was in the hospital? As a result, I had to contol over my team during those few days.

In other words, how would somone in this league feel if the latter happened to them?

Finally, I will not mention what he wants in return for Herrera as well, which is much more than an arm and a leg.[/quote:9c34dcc946]

[b:9c34dcc946]Number one PM:[/b:9c34dcc946]

[i:9c34dcc946]From: dreamingtree#41
To: kaviksdad
Posted: 14 Jan 2012 13:02
Subject: Herrera Quote message
I understand that the owner that took over my team traded you Herrera. Is there any way to nullify the trade? Normally, I would not care, but due to both Utley and Reyes injuries problems I really need him. If you go back in the free agent draft, I believe I drafted him 2nd or 3rd for this very reason.

JOe
[/i:9c34dcc946]

[b:9c34dcc946]My response:[/b:9c34dcc946]

[i:9c34dcc946]From: kaviksdad
To: dreamingtree#41
Posted: 14 Jan 2012 16:21
Subject: Re: Herrera
If Bernie can work it so you get you team back in time for the season we'll come up with a solution to Herrera. I'll be watching the thread off and on to see.

Shouldn't be a problem on my end - Herrera was just insurance for M. Izturis big injury roll, and Izturis was insurance for Zobirst/Escobar

My counter offer:

Looking at your team there might be a way for use to reverse/expand the Herrera deal to pour mutual advantage.

I've got a hole this year at CF, and you have 2 1-rated CF's.
You need Herrera back, and I could use more balance.

So how about this:

You send me either A. Torres or A. Pagan, either John Danks or Jaime Garcia, reliever Eric O'Flaherty and Andrew Cashner

I send you back Herrera, prospect Jose Iglesisa, either Brandon Morrow or Ivan Nova, Chris Heisey (who plays all 3 OF positions & can platoon with Maggs in RF or DH against RHP), you keep Logan Ondrusek or can choose from Jesse Crain (pretty good RP this season) and you keep the 6th round pick Joe got from me.

With Heisey and Denorfia you'd have high-priced OF coverage and good D. Braun in LF, Torres or Pagan (whoever's left) in CF and either Werth/Maggs platoon in RF, or a Heisey/Maggs DH platoon. Gives you 2 2B/SS backups for Utley/Reyes and either a pretty good reliever this year or a pretty good reliever next year and a SS prospect for the future. Plus a draft pick to boot. Looks like a pretty set lineup able to win the division without sacrificing the future.

I get a CF upgrade this year, 2 lefty pitchers and a young reliever with some upside.

So the deal would be:

You get:
Heisey
Nova (for next season) or Morrow (for this year)
Either Ondrusek or Crain
Herrera
Prospect SS Jose Iglesias
My 6th round F/A pick next year

I'd get:
Either Angel Pagan or Angel Torres
John Danks or Jaime Garcia (have no lefty in the rotation)
Eric O'Flaherty
Andrew Cashner

For me I improve my CF options this year,[/i:9c34dcc946]

[b:9c34dcc946]His reply:[/b:9c34dcc946]

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 15:02
Subject: Re: Herrera Quote message
Before we begin. Personally, I believe the Herrera trade should be void because I did not make it.

However, I would be willing to trade Torress, not Pagan. Also the players below are non tradable.

John Danks or Jaime Garcia
Eric O'Flaherty
Andrew Cashner

However, I believe Dallas Braden is a lefty, and I would be willing to trade him. Also, I think I have Zito as well.[/i:9c34dcc946]

[b:9c34dcc946]My reply:[/b:9c34dcc946]

[i:9c34dcc946]From: kaviksdad
To: dreamingtree#41
Posted: 15 Jan 2012 17:27
Subject: Re: Herrera
I thought you just wanted Herrera back? This looks a little like bait-and-switch... Confused

If Wright is thrown into the mix it'll cost (He's my favorite player)

Here's what would need to happen to get Wright

You Get:
Wright
Iglesias (Prospect)
Andre Ethier
Herrera
Jesse Crain
Ivan Nova

I get:
Andres Torres
Prado
David Freese (prospect)
Jaime Garcia
Andrew Cashner
Eric O'Flaherty[/i:9c34dcc946]

[b:9c34dcc946]His reply:[/b:9c34dcc946]

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 18:21
Subject: Re: Herrera Quote message
Personally, all I care about is about getting Herrera back. If you want to take advantage of someone who was in the hospital, then that is up to you[/i:9c34dcc946]

I don't mean to write a book, but if the league wants to weigh in they should know the history.

I offer to negotiate to return Herrera, make an offer, and then all of a sudden the "real need" is 3B and David Wright. So I make another offer and suddenly "I'm telling Mom!"

I miss Joe Kendall already
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat