Major League Keeper League

Postby TefJ » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:42 pm

It looks like Ray sent it to everyone. If someone didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it to you. I think, previously, we've had the winner of the head to head matchup pick before the loser. The idea being they were worse against the rest of the league, and better vs their opponent, so they should be rewarded for it.

Great work, KD! I think the cards come out sometime next week. We will have the drops due 1 week from when the cards come out, and start the Spring FA draft whenever people are ready. If you have a major conflict with this timeframe, let us know ASAP and we can try to reschedule.

I've been really busy with stuff at work, but I will try to be more active and help out more.

I hope everyone has had a great offseason,

Ted
TefJ

Postby blsmith7 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:13 pm

On the combined tab of the roster just sent, I should have Strasburg, not Stauffer. It is correct on the roster tab.

And I'll once again put some players on the market since I am in rebuilding mode. I am looking for younger prospects and draft picks.

Dan Ross
Mark Teixeira
Orlando Hudson
Scott Rolen
Derek Jeter
Magglio Ordonez
Carlos Quentin
Jim Thome
Hiroki Kuroda
Chris Denorfia

Obviously, some have more value than others, but shoot me a PM or email if interested.

Smitty
blsmith7

Postby Roscodog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Aray-PM
Roscodog

Postby bbasebrawl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Great job on the roster KD, outstanding work as usual and it is appreciated very much
bbasebrawl

Postby bbasebrawl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm

[quote:d5d72bda8f="WPWangfuddle"]It looks like Ray sent it to everyone. If someone didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it to you. I think, previously, we've had the winner of the head to head matchup pick before the loser. The idea being they were worse against the rest of the league, and better vs their opponent, so they should be rewarded for it.

Great work, KD! I think the cards come out sometime next week. We will have the drops due 1 week from when the cards come out, and start the Spring FA draft whenever people are ready. If you have a major conflict with this timeframe, let us know ASAP and we can try to reschedule.

I've been really busy with stuff at work, but I will try to be more active and help out more.

Ted[/quote:d5d72bda8f]

I will be out of town from March 12th thru March 15th and will be without computer access as I will be helping chaperone at Special Olympics Tennis Tournament at Hilton Head.. If the cards come out late this coming week I should be able to make my drops but would have to wait to draft
bbasebrawl

Postby Roscodog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Sounds like a good reason to me. I think putting off drafting until after the 15th shouldn't be a big deal.
Roscodog

Postby thisisray » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:40 pm

I have talked to Jagman and he will not be returning to our league this year. We will need a replacement and I was wondering if anyone here knows of someone that would be a good replacement before I post a message on the boards. Please have them post here if you know anyone!
thisisray

replacements

Postby Roscodog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Ray-PM
Last edited by Roscodog on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roscodog

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 pm

[quote:54a86b16d6="WPWangfuddle"]It looks like Ray sent it to everyone. If someone didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it to you. I think, previously, we've had the winner of the head to head matchup pick before the loser. The idea being they were worse against the rest of the league, and better vs their opponent, so they should be rewarded for it.

Ted[/quote:54a86b16d6]

Ted - I can't recall how we've handled ties in the past. I do know that I've always followed the practice of giving "losers" (for lack of a better word) the edge over "winners" in any tie-breaking criteria. To me it just makes sense - since draft orders traditionally always go from worst to best.
kaviksdad

Prospects that need to be promoted or released in 2012

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Here's a list of prospects that are losing their 2-year eligibility window. They will either need to be promoted to the 40 man roster, or released to be drafted again. Prospects that are [b:65c4bd9f99]released with no MLB experience[/b:65c4bd9f99] can be redrafted as prospects by anyone. Prospects that are [b:65c4bd9f99]released and have MLB experienc[/b:65c4bd9f99]e can only be drafted in the free agent draft or supplemental drafts.

The list by owner:

Kaviksdad: 7 - Brennan Boesch, Dustin Ackley, Wil Myers, Nick Franklin, Andrew Cashner, Dillon Gee, Arnoldis Chapman
WPWangfuddle: 5 - Domonic Brown, Chris Carter, Aaron Hicks, Jeremy Hellickson, Casey Kelly
ThisisRay: 1 - Scott Sizemore
Roscodog: 1 - Brett Lawrie
ThisisDan: 1 - Jarred Cosart
Smitty: 2 - Wilson Ramos, Drew Storen
Nythawk: 4 - Brandon Belt, Brett Jackson, Mike Montgomery, Martin Perez
Peter: 1 - Jose Iglesias
BillyV: 3 - Freddie Freeman, Jerry Sands, Mike Leake
Jagman (replacement owner): 2 - Jacob Turner, Phillippe Aumont
Bbasebrawl: 6 - Mike Trout, Ryan Westmoreland, Dee Gordon, Kulio Teheran, Chris Withrow, Craig Kimbrel
Aray: 3 - Todd Frazier, Greg Golson, Desmond Jennings

Those are the prospects that [b:65c4bd9f99]must[/b:65c4bd9f99] have action this year.

[b:65c4bd9f99]You can release or promote your 2011 drafted prospects if you wish to do so, but you don't have to if you don't want to.[/b:65c4bd9f99]
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat