GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:43 pm

My guys will be focused! The fact that a team of hot blondes with giraffe legs are coming to town won't rattle them a bit any more! My players have just watched a 24 hr marathon of Brokeback Mountain. They don't know what to think anymore! :shock:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby CATom » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Nicky says "OK, maybe you CAN spank a Hilton", BUT you CAN NOT beat our team two outta three!!!!!!
CATom

Postby HUDAMAN » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:14 am

Ah yes, the inevitable smackdown came in the form of a sweep by Big. Now I've got to go to Petco to take on the C2 juggernaut. I hate that park!! I can't wait for this season to end.... :shock:
HUDAMAN

Postby cummings2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Juggernaut :shock: naaaah...you're just buttering me up :P

I hate petco too... and remember as I said before, this team is all smoke and mirrors. I am waiting for the roof to fall on this one any time now

cummings2

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:01 pm

C2--it must be because your "manager" was an under-study of one of SOM's greatest minds!!..... that guys like Brad Radke will be winning the Cy Young Award in this league. :shock:
I have a feeling that playing Chucks defensive/pitching juggernaut will be as harrowing as playing Tom's relentless scorers here in the Central. The Extremes are dominating early on. "Balance is for chumps like me"!! :wink:

*By the way, Pettite is already gone. His 9.00 ERA was gobbling way to much payroll so I replaced him with some more............"balance" at the 5% penalty!! :cry:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby cummings2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:06 pm

:lol:

Sounds like a Blues song:

"I gave my pettite up while the drop was low"

[quote:df881bc516]C2--it must be because your "manager" was an under-study of one of SOM's greatest minds!!..... [/quote:df881bc516] Kev... you have unmasked my secret weapon: The Mini-Clone :P
cummings2

Sorry Fellas'...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:08 pm

I have been MIA at least the past week, if not the past month or 2. Hardly any days off and getting very run down while trying to nurse a sinus infection that completely took over by yesterday and today - When I finally called in a sick after nearly a year. Picked a good one to have off yesterday...Great AFC Championship game - Actually the very 1st Pro GAme I watched all season.

Today, I am finally attempting to aquaint myself with all the teams in my leagues - which have been abysmal in my absence. Just hoping to make them respectable at best. Hope everyone else is havung fun tho. :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:16 pm

C2, what did I say about your singing!?? Don't make me get the TSN boards monitor police to set you straight........again!! The last jingle you posted out there a couple months ago is still in my head.......and I'm still seeing counselers to get over it. :shock:

If I start singing a song around the house called "Dropping Pettite while the drop was low", divorce is around the corner! :cry: :cry:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Re: Sorry Fellas'...

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:26 pm

[quote:6fa83dc2ee="robvoz"]I have been MIA at least the past week, if not the past month or 2. Hardly any days off and getting very run down while trying to nurse a sinus infection that completely took over by yesterday and today - When I finally called in a sick after nearly a year. Picked a good one to have off yesterday...Great AFC Championship game - Actually the very 1st Pro GAme I watched all season.

Today, I am finally attempting to aquaint myself with all the teams in my leagues - which have been abysmal in my absence. Just hoping to make them respectable at best. Hope everyone else is havung fun tho. :wink: R[/quote:6fa83dc2ee]

Man Rob, you need to settle down a little!! Burning the candle on both ends can only end up in "burn-out"!! However, we all know that's a heck of a lot easier said than done!! :?
Your Sunday of football was probably the best medicine for you. :D Hopefully you will be feeling better quickly and taking on the world again soon.
Your wife is a very sharp gal! I'm thinking you need let her watch your teams in your absence....if she has the time! :? I only say that, because even though this is a friendly GBBR league......unattended teams will only be chewed up and spit out by this league's bunch of jackals!! :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:04 am

Interesting decision by HAL on awarding a win last night vs. Rob's team!

I had a 5-2 lead in the 8th inning. Mariano Rivera goes into the game and pitches his usual "light out" pitching and picks up the "Win" instead of a save. Blanton had gotten hurt so the win usually goes to the pitcher who had the best outing. I think I would have awarded the win to Lidge or Mateo and given Rivera the save. What do you guys think?

DeadHorse IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
J.Blanton 3 1/3 3 1 1 0 0 0 44 5.83
B.Lidge 1 2/3 4 0 0 1 1 0 33 5.40
J.Mateo 1 1/3 1 0 0 2 0 0 26 5.40
J.Tavarez 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6 9.28
S.Sauerbeck HOLD(2nd) 1 2 2 2 1 1 0 21 5.00
M.Rivera WIN(1-0) 1 2/3 1 0 0 0 0 0 24 0.00

Kev
KEVINEHLE

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat