GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Kev, that has been a gripe of mine for quite some time, but it continues to happen, I'm assuming (but I don't know really) that's how the computer is programmed. In real baseball 95% of the time the win goes to the first pitcher which comes into the game, even if a succeeding pitcher does better. Obviously if the first pitcher allows a boat-load of runs he wouldn't get the win, but as I said, 95% of the time it goes to the first RP coming in. Not here though.
Jeepdriver

BTW...

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:36 pm

A nice little 3-way tie in the pre-determined East Division. I'm pretty sure that's how it will be all season, including Robt making a run as well. 8)
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:55 am

I'm still not sold on my team. Not sure how long my bullpen can continue to be this 'lights out'. On the plus side, Ortiz may have awakened from his slumber. Now I just need Abreu to start hitting and I might score some runs.

I never much cared for Paris (the Hilton, not the city), so I make no apologies for last nights sweep. Especially satisfying was game one, where this Safeco squad took revenge for all the others who have been shut out time and again by Carpenter. It's about time he got shelled by one of my lefty hitting teams. TAKE THAT!!

I'll enjoy this while it lasts.
HUDAMAN

Postby CATom » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:20 am

Never much cared for Paris (the city), so i think if you get a lead on us we'll SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!

Tom.
CATom

Postby KEVINEHLE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 am

I can't complain about dumping Pettitte!! We've won 5 in a row including an extremely unlikely sweep on the road last night....outscoring the very good Diamond Kings 27-2 in the series! :shock: It's almost as if my new team had some talent or something!!

The Central is tightening back up early in the season after Texas Tom so rudely jumped out of the gate like a madman!! :D

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby bigmahon » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:50 pm

Wow, didn't realize quite how bad of a whuppin' I took last night. :shock: :roll: :lol:
bigmahon

Postby CATom » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:35 pm

yeah, figured it might get a "little" tougher once i got out of the division :lol: GOOD NEWS is that these guys gotta come to MY house to play too :twisted:

Tom.
CATom

Postby KEVINEHLE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, I can't be celebrating an unlikely sweep too much because Lee and his 16-11 Swarmer are headed to the Bronx tonight to knock my team back to earth!! I see a Clemens vs. Randy Johnson matchup in Game 2. That should be interesting, especially against Lee's Lefty sluggers!! :( Yikes!!

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Well, I'd feel better if Clemens was like a 9R, but alas, he's tougher on lefties than he is on righties. The next three nights could be ugly for me, three road series with unfavorable pitching matchups in the wrong parks. Make or break time.
HUDAMAN

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 am

I've got a lot of hitters right now who have previously performed very well for me that's stinking up the joint. I'm figuring on bad luck is happening right now. Regardless, Kav and Lee are trying to run away with things just two days after I was tied with them.
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat