Major League Keeper League

Postby jagman2882 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 pm

and i still have swisher, green, thames, willingham and sherril available :lol:
jagman2882

Postby Rally Sally » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:46 pm

I nominate Magglio Ordonez for the coveted Beast of the Year award. The guy hit a grand slam in the 8th and another in the 9th to save my team from defeat.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/league/boxscore.html?group_id=57740&g_id=545
Rally Sally

2008 cards

Postby bvargus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:46 pm

After the new cards come out for the Strat board game, how long does it usually take for the Sporting News website to get 2008 leagues ready to run? I would assume there's some lag time..?
bvargus

Postby jagman2882 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:45 am

prob about mid to late march the game will be up on TSN
jagman2882

Postby bvargus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 am

OK, thanks. There's a thread on the general message boards where a couple people guesstimated the same time frame.
bvargus

Trade announcement

Postby blsmith7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

Smitty trades

Garrett Atkins

to Madigan for

Ty Wigginton and his 3rd round FA pick in the upcoming FA draft.

Madigan to confirm
blsmith7

Postby Madigan33 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:23 am

"Smitty trades

Garrett Atkins

to Madigan for

Ty Wigginton and his 3rd round FA pick in the upcoming FA draft.

Madigan to confirm"

Trade confirmed.
Madigan33

Postby blsmith7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:13 pm

No one responded to this on the league board, but is anyone wondering why the Vertically Challlenged has dropped Sizemore. It doesn't make his team better. The ironic thing is that his team has won 5 straight series, so this may seem misplaced. However, my concern is that an owner may deliberately change his lineup to lose and improve draft position. I think this does a disservice to the game and the league. It's not like we are giving rookies a chance to show what they can do. Numbers are numbers. I would have a problem if I am in a pennant race and another owner is not putting his best lineup out there. I realize this may be stirring up controversy, but I would like an explanation of how having Eric Byrnes play CF is an improvement over Sizemore. I am not in contention, but I am not about to take Teixeira or O. Hudson (barring injury) out of my lineup. If there is a logical explanation that I am missing, then I apologize. But, especially in a keeper league, my feeling is that everything needs to be above board. If people start tanking games to improve draft position, then this is a league I'm not sure I want to be a part of.
blsmith7

Postby thisisray » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:26 pm

10) There are no specific rules against "roster dumping." Owners no longer in a pennant race can use their best judgement in determining the makeup of their team, provided that all general roster size limits are met. However, it is expected that all owners will act in the best interests of the game.

My division has been clinched. What am I playing for now? It isn't like my team is doing terribly now anyways. If I was losing a ton of games then I could see a problem, but is one player going to affect the outcome of more than 1 or 2 meaningless games? (meaningless to others, but possibly a draft pick position for me) i didn't drop my whole team. It is just one player.
thisisray

Postby blsmith7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:37 pm

It's called integrity of the game. Let's say everyone does it who is not involved in a pennant race themselves. They are affecting the outcome of games for teams that are involved, and that is not in the "best interests of the game". But lets just say that your division is wrapped up. Perhaps your "roster dumping" has no bearing on your division. But I am in a division that is competitive, though I might be out of it. By not fielding my best team, I am affecting the outcome of games. Is that fair to the teams in the thick of a race? I don't think so. And by not dumping, I may be costing myself a prime draft slot because someone is basically "throwing games". The ironic thing here is that the baseball gods may be punishing you for your actions be allowing you to win series. I hope that is the case.

But, hey, I'd love to hear the rest of you guys give an opinion on the matter, because, if I am in the minority here, I've got some serious "dumping" to do. (Of course, the way my team has performed, I don't need to do much :cry: )
blsmith7

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat