NLD 25 Chat

Postby keyzick » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Not sure what to make of it...I definitely thought at the start that I had a great fit for my park. On one hand, kinda shocked my ratings came in so low, BUT on the other (more importantly!) my performance has reflected the confidence I had in my team build.

I'm not sure if it's still the case today, but I know my pythag record was highest in the league too.

Joe - Do you factor in parks too? I also have a couple platoons in play, so maybe that's swaying the ratings?
keyzick

Postby joethejet » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Keyzick,

All the ratings for each team are in the parks that they will be playing in (12 in each divisional park, 81 at home, etc.) so that's included.

The biggest reason is that your offense, which you didn't spend a lot of money on (3rd lowest in the league), isn't very good v RHP (relatively so) but crushes LHP. You have almos no power and guys like Blake, Pods, Victorino and Peirzynski (who's hitting > .300 for you) that just aren't all that great v RHP. Not sure that your offensive production so far would be predicted. You've scored only 21 fewer runs that AT who spend a LOT more money on his offense. Now, you did spend a lot on your offense v LHP so that does factor into your offensive production, but I would say that you've done better v RHP that you should so far.

Your D, below average, hasn't seemed to have much impact on your picthing. That's the primary reason your pitching is better than expected.

Those would be my observations of why there's a difference between the ratings and performance.

Now, remember too that this league is very close and the ratings are very close together. There is a lot of variablity to a dice game. ;)

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

Actually, Pods and Pierzynski are pretty much matching their real life performance...as well as most of the rest of my offense. Utley is totally underperforming, as well as Blake, although I'd expect some dropoff in Blake's numbers due to the park and matchups.

If you look at my splits, I'm actually crushing RHP, not LHP...and I'm facing about 70% RHP.
keyzick

Postby joethejet » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am

Well, expecting a hitter to match his real life performance in a $100 mil league is a little optimistic unless there's a huge change in park involved.

My point is that you're not all that great v RHP. You have very little power and little clutch. But, hey, if you can spend almost nothing in hitting and get them to perform like you paid more, more power to ya. Just saying, the ratings aren't going to expect it. Just compare your offense to others in the league v RHP. It's middle to lower mid of the pack. You do hit LHP well however. I don't think it would ever be expected that you'd be 4th in the league in hitting.

It's a dice game. <shrug>
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Hey Stoney,

Thanks for nothing, you sweep me and then roll over for Keyzick? Yeesh. Thanks pal. ;)

Jet
joethejet

Postby Stoney18 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Joe, thought I could do better during the replay but I guess not. :oops:
Stoney18

Postby joethejet » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 am

We're just stinking it up right now. Lost 8 of 9. :cry: Ouch. :(

8 out of a PO spot. Going to be tough unless we can whip up on Keyzick and NP. :?

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 am

I'm just hoping the dice keep smiling on me... :D
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 am

I go from losing 2 of 3 to a sweep after the replay, then grab a sweep last night, so 6 in a row, yipee. I'm just aiming for a measure of respectability as Hawk and Big are head and shoulders above everyone else in the Division.
Jeepdriver

Postby joethejet » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

You know waht, I didn't realize there was a replay! I thought I was going crazy.

Ugh. Big A, did anything change in our series?

Well, we got swept again. It's ugly right now. Just hope the ship can right itself. Our pitching is getting destroyed.

Come on Guys, get it together!

Jet
p.s. Ugh, just noticed that I lost Hunter for 15 again. We're toast.
joethejet

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat