AL ONLY POTTER FULL, slim pickens....

Postby MEAT » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:29 pm

curt, why aren't you entered? we're waitin' on you, MGC and durantjerry to start the week long practice of trying to repair the draft damage.
MEAT

Postby moneymaze » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 pm

[quote:12843ed5ea="he's meat"]curt, why aren't you entered? we're waitin' on you, MGC and durantjerry to start the week long practice of trying to repair the draft damage.[/quote:12843ed5ea]

I hadn't realized uptownmastermind had entered -- was waiting on that confirmation. I'll do so now.
moneymaze

Postby SGTD » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:24 pm

[quote:2e6bf7e74e="moneymaze"][quote:2e6bf7e74e="TomSiebert"]Trim the Bush?[/quote:2e6bf7e74e]
I'm assuming either a political or a hygenic statement. Not sure what it has to do with Harry Potter, however.[/quote:2e6bf7e74e]

No, Meat made it Hairy Potter instead of Harry Potter, so I went with the theme :shock: , it can be taken any way you want, but with my sarcasim and sense of humor, you can guess with what I was going with :lol: . SGT D
SGTD

Postby moneymaze » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 pm

[quote:47c1d5c2df="moneymaze"]I hadn't realized uptownmastermind had entered -- was waiting on that confirmation. I'll do so now.[/quote:47c1d5c2df]
Speaking of which, uptown took 15 position players during the snake portion of the draft, so he'll need to drop one.
moneymaze

Postby moneymaze » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 pm

We're in. Durantjerry and mgc9000 are left.
moneymaze

Postby TomSiebert » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:37 pm

If Sarge is following his own theme with Trim the Bush, I really don't want to think in depth (so to speak) about what a hairy potter is. :shock:

tws
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:23 am

Tom, I was thinking more along the lines of the Nymphadora Tonks character. SGT D
SGTD

Postby Mgc9000 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 am

My team, Rowling's Rawlings, are in.
Mgc9000

Postby TomSiebert » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:36 am

1- Waiting on DJerry, then we'll load
2- I have no idea who Nymphomania Tonks is, and I don't know whether to be impressed or frightened that you do, Sarge.
3- Unless we have a strong final showing from our straggler entry in the West, Matt gets the gold glove for most creative team name.

Personally, heading to PETCO today with the kids and Swedish/Latino goddess for the Padres' Trevor Hoffman celebration and uniform retirement ceremony, complete with appearances by the other retired guys (who are still alive) -- Gwynn, Winfield, Randy Jones, Steve Garvey. Then hopefully we'll complete a sweep of the Fish to go over .500 since the All-Star break.

Padres have much improved by going with their young guys since the break -- Kyle Blanks and especially Jesus Guzman have been just KILLING the ball, and Cam Maybin is finally achieving all the good things they've been saying about him for years. I'm sure playing in SD works against him, but he's got to be on the short list for Gold Glove CF.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 am

Tom, don't be afaraid as I no nothing of Harry Potter as I have never saw a movie or read a book, so I did research on Harry Potter characters and found her and this is what they said about her. Only be impressed if doing research counts :D .

"Tonks is a refreshing change of pace, as she represents a young adult wizard – someone who's completed all of her training, but still has the brash, energetic attitude of youth. A Metamorphmagus, Tonks can change her appearance, and uses that ability to constantly change her hair color into dramatic colors, including everything from pink to purple. In the books, she's known to wear jeans and band t-shirts, and brings a fun, punkish attitude to the Harry Potter universe – while also functioning as a loyal, brave member of the Order of the Phoenix, who's quick to take up the fight against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The story of how she and the older Remus Lupin came to be together unfortunately was mostly left off screen in the films, but Deathly Hallows Part 2 should serve to provide the couple with their greatest challenge."

As for team names, I have no clue about some of the names that I have seen so far but I am sure they are relavant to the theme. I am looking forward to seeing Archie, Betty and Veronica somehow incorporated into the Hairy Potter theme. SGT D
SGTD

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat