$60M All Lefty Pitching League

Update

Postby BDWard » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm

In the absence of any communication whatsoever from alvarndc or our commish, I took it upon myself to PM alvarndc, even though I don't know him and have never previously been in a league with him, in an effort to move this thing along.

To those who oppose my suggestion that the clock be turned off for the weekend, please be advised that it is not my desire to cause further delay, but only to insure that everyone is available to make their picks, as the proxy system fails to appeal to everyone. From reading the frustrated posts in this thread, it seems that I am not alone in having been ready, willing and able to make picks for the last two plus days, only to have been thwarted because the ball has been dropped. Although we had nothing to do with the delay, if the clock is not turned off, those picking once the draft gets back on track may be penalized by being forced to use the proxy for early picks if they have weekend plans.

Regarding the division assignments, while the strategy in high cap leagues may involve bludgeoning the baseball, I strongly disagree that strategy stops at obtaining as many low cost lefty bashers as possible. If the catcher for a divisional opponent has a weak arm, wouldn't one at least consider getting some good base stealers? What if a divisional opponent had all strongly reverso lefties on the pitching staff? Wouldn't one at least consider adding some lefty bats? I could easily add more examples but I think most everyone gets the point.

I think most of the managers in this league are conscientious and would like as much info as possible going in. There is no reason for sarcasm or ridicule in voicing disagreement.

Hopefully things will soon get on track again so that we can focus on our teams instead of our disagreements. - Bernie W
BDWard

Postby thetallguy747 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks Bernie. Looks like your efforts got us back on track.

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Draft! and Clock!

Postby mjruth » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 pm

While I am sympathetic to everyones needs I must as commish make some decisions. The clock is definitely off in Round 1 to get things going. It will NOT be turned off on weekends as We have done these drafts smoothly many times and the use of proxies is the way to do things if you have no access. The Clock will be turned off at night from 12am-9am and again proxies can be made to speed things up.
No divisions now we randomize them after the draft and you can make any changes you want after the draft as there is regular waiver period and free agent moves. I am sorry if this doesn't accommodate everyone however we have done several of these drafts based on this format and it is quick fun and runs quite smooth. I work all day and half the nights. I go out after work for beers. I get my little girl on weekends and a couple times during the week. I am juggling two girlfriends at the moment but I will make my picks in an efficient manner. Lol.
Thx mjruth
mjruth

Postby thetallguy747 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:25 pm

I didn't know you could juggle! lol

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Postby DonFESQ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 pm

another 4+ hours delayed. Seriously people, pay attention.
DonFESQ

The 11th pick has been made

Postby BDWard » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 am

OK, I made my pick. Sorry for the delay, which was less than 4 hours, not 4+ hours. FYI, Don, I paid attention for the last 2+ days, plus I let everyone know that I'd be unavailable tonight. What do you want me to do, chain myself to the computer? I was at a charity fund raiser all evening and just returned. I think that even Strato addicts would agree that clothing the homeless and feeding the hungry is more important than the draft.

Hey commish, thanks for answering. Although I don't like the answers, at least we can move forward.

A young daughter and two GFs. And you're going to make your picks in an efficient manner? Pick what, a player or a GF? :D
BDWard

Postby thetallguy747 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:09 am

Not to be bothersome about this -- but, is the clock-off-on time US Eastern time? (I have to calculate this into Japan time.)

Thanks

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Does anybody really know what time it is? Chicago time!

Postby BDWard » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:03 am

Kevin: In the ATG forum mjruth stated that the clock would be off approx. 12AM - 8AM, but didn't specify Eastern time or Central time. However, for whatever it's worth, it looks as though the clock is running on Central time, meaning it's Chicago time! - Bernie

P.S.: Nice pick up of Rodney Scott. I guess I was dreaming when I was hoping that he'd be around for my next pick.
BDWard

Postby thetallguy747 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:49 am

I only took him 'cause I figured you had your eye on him. :wink:

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Re: The 11th pick has been made

Postby BobBoone » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 am

[quote:2a56209099="BDWard"]I think that even Strato addicts would agree that clothing the homeless and feeding the hungry is more important than the draft.

[/quote:2a56209099]

100% It is so easy to lose focus on the big picture. Nobody grinds their teeth over Strat more than me. There are many that need to be grinding their teeth on food.
BobBoone

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat