NLD 11

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:59 pm

[quote:12da95cf6c]New ratings for you:

O Rating -> 7930
P Rating -> 5547
Fielding -> 577.
Overall -> 1806 [/quote:12da95cf6c]

These are great, but I have NO IDEA what they mean :D

I only look at the ratings you and Jet do relative to other teams, so if you could tell me in English if I improved (which I doubt even though my moves were to address the shortcomings you stated) or got worse, which I suspect, that would be great. :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:33 pm

I hate this new forum, that was me that posted, not WM. I posted those values so that you could compare them to the old ones (on the old boards). You can compare there. I don't think any of them got better however. It's really hard to improve a team's rating by dropping/cutting. Although, it *is* possible to make your team better due to match ups and such even if the rating goes down. Remember that ratings have assumptions (e.g. 70/30 RHP/LHP ratio) so that if your team is different, it may not hold. Another example, you might be able to improve your team v RHP and make it much worse against LHP, but *if* you're facing almost entirely RHP.....

See?

Jet
joethejet

Postby korkie » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:16 am

Hey Niners, good luck with Time Warner, I wish the best for you. Let us know if you get the job!

Jet- Just what is it that yuo don't like about these new boards?
korkie

Postby joethejet » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:59 am

I don't like that I have to re login because we play all our games under Wineman's account so I have to be logged on as him to view them.

I don't like that I'm not an All-Star any more. 8)

It's really sloooow.

I guess I'll get used to it, but it stinks right now.

BTW, we took a hard fought series from the Canucks tonight. Won two games in the 9th and Izzy lost the other game in the bottom of the 8th. Canucks got their revenge however, Lost Beltre (twice) and Edmonds for 6 games while still having Estrada out. Ouch. :cry:

Smokee will be the beneficiary in the next series. We're going to need some breaks and some gooooood pitching to match up.
joethejet

Postby korkie » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:55 am

That's strange Jet, these boards have been pretty quick for me. Haven't had any problems at all.

And Penngray was telling me that your still an All-Star in his eyes! :lol:
korkie

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:23 am

Smokee is hot!

Hope he's not on the you-know-what again, he's playing over his head... :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Jeep,

nope just playing where i should be... That may be the first time all season that both clemens and zambrano both won games in the same series... If only my sweeps of other teams did not always sandwich getting swept by penngray.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby joethejet » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:02 am

Gee Korkie, I didn't know Penn cared. ;)

The injury bug continues to plague us. We're lucky to win one against Smokee, but then lost Casey for 3 games in the FIRST inning in the last game so we won't have him tonight. Just when we're facing 3 hard RHP. <sigh> :roll:

At least we have Beltre and Estrada back! 8)

Jet
joethejet

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 am

i am officially changing cy young stauts from escobar to benson. 16 wins already!!!!!
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:39 am

I'm beginning to play better (again) but we've heard that song & dance b4. I need some loooonger consistency. I love that, "longer consistency". Maybe I should patent that. :)
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat