Major League Keeper League

Postby blsmith7 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 pm

[quote:f76cb9090b]I am 8-1 since dropping Sizemore.[/quote:f76cb9090b]

Again, the irony of the baseball gods. But, alas, I am over it - to each his own. But, my vow stands.

Good luck to those in contention down the stretch. Things look to be tightening up. I will encourage my team to play their hardest and be a spoiler, not that that scares anyone.

Smitty
blsmith7

Postby Hillbilly Rockstar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 pm

I've been out of pocket for a little while and just read this discussion. I hate my current team, just haven't had time to trade a lot. I thought I might do a little better when I drafted it. To tell the truth, I'm a little ashamed of it.

I think a lottery with the bottom teams is a good idea. I'll vote for it. I want this league to succeed more than I want to win it.

Here's a proposal: If anyone feels that I am taking losses on purpose,and no one has suggested that, I'll exchange drafting positions - no questions asked and no hard feelings.

I'm not trying to be noble here, but our league needs trust as well as competition. Let's get together on this and get it resolved. I don't care about a draft pick, I just like being in this league.

Jim Hale.
Hillbilly Rockstar

Postby TefJ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 pm

How about this:

The draft order will be a weighted lottery for the non-playoff teams from the last season played, based on (previous season or cumulative) record. For the playoff teams it will be simply based on (previous season, or cumulative record or who advanced the championship).

This would totally remove any desire for tanking as you'd only be improving your chances by a few percent, and no one would tank to miss the playoffs. I know it looks like my team is doing just that, but I assure you it's unintentional.

I'd be happy to write a program that would do the lottery and throw it on a website or something, if we decide that we want to go with this method. Let me know.
TefJ

Postby jagman2882 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm

i dont understand why we need a lottery...i drafted my team with the intention of makin the playoffs this year. i did have my eye to the future a little bit but all in all i was trying to win this year so i think that we should keep the draft order as is but this is something that we can continue to discuss this and i think its good that we do... as a commissoner i want to hear feedback from you guys

so i vote no on a draft lottery, but i do vote that we adopt some form of anti-tanking policy
jagman2882

Postby Madigan33 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am

I vote yes on the lotto.

Also the an anti-tanking policy would have to be clearly defined, and include and excemption for trades. I drafted Redman and Bonds who did not even play last year so they will not have a card. If I was not in playoff contention I would have traded them, so my team would be worse. It should be very clear, what tanking is.
Madigan33

Postby nythawk129921 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 am

there can be no lottery for the upcoming draft since the rules are the rules and we cant be changing them whenever we feel like it.Why are we even discussing this anyway???
nythawk129921

Postby nythawk129921 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:29 pm

[quote:19fcf65646="Madigan33"]I vote yes on the lotto.

Also the an anti-tanking policy would have to be clearly defined, and include and excemption for trades. I drafted Redman and Bonds who did not even play last year so they will not have a card. If I was not in playoff contention I would have traded them, so my team would be worse. It should be very clear, what tanking is.[/quote:19fcf65646]

How would this be considered tanking if you traded these 2 to a contender for better players in the future???

I tell you what though this league is beginning to become a joke with all the bickering and finger pointing going on.I am not sure I want to continue being a part of it if it continues down this path.It is supposed to be fun and a means to distance yourselves from the real world for a short time each day. :oops:
nythawk129921

Postby thisisray » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:50 pm

I did not know dropping one player would cause this much controversy. If I had known I would not have dropped the player. I don't want to make anyone mad, but I honestly thought getting rid of 1 player wasn't going to be a big deal. I went to pick him up yesterday, but it is past the transaction deadline. If it's that big of a deal I will forfeit my pick, but I still don't see any wrong with switching things up and dropping 1 player. Next time I want to make some changes I guess I will keep the player I am benching on my team. Sorry to cause so much trouble, but as hawk said I think some people need to relax. :D
thisisray

Postby nythawk129921 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:08 pm

who knew that dropping a single player would be considered tanking :roll: :) I have no problem with your drop
nythawk129921

Postby TefJ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm

I think everyone in this league is a good manager and a fair player, so I say we leave the rules as is and just go with Smitty's suggestion of having everyone play what they think is their best team at all times from now on.

It's time to sit back and watch the terrific finish we have lined up. With 9 games to go, the east is a ridiculously tight race, and the wild card is still up for grabs. 4 teams are probably going to battle for two playoff spots right up until the last day. Good times.
TefJ

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat