NLD 25 Chat

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:29 am

I don't like to brag, but got to mention last night's series against one of if not the best team in the league. 16 Runs in the opener followed by two shutouts, one of which a no-hitter. For the series I outscored The D.K.'s 24-5. :shock:

Not likely going to sniff the playoff race so I'm sure that will be this season's NLD hi-lite for me.
Jeepdriver

Postby keyzick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 am

[quote:44310194c5="joethejet"]Park comparisons. This compares each team's rating in every park against the home team. If they are essentially the same I call it a tie.

This number is the obviously you have 11 chances in your own park and one in everyone elses so there are 22 total chances.

I subtract the disadvantage from the advantage and here are the numbers:

[code:1:44310194c5]
Big M 20
Smoke 14
Wineman 8
Silver 7
Beach 6
stoney 0
Niners -1
At..... -1
big A -9
Keyzick -10
Jeep... -17
Hawk... -17
[/code:1:44310194c5]

Interesting I think.[/quote:44310194c5]

If I read this right, it's saying I'm at an overall disadvantage of 10 games due to parks? Me Hawk and Jeep on the bottom again
keyzick

Postby joethejet » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:00 am

No, what it means is that there is a net of 10 team/parks that you have a > 50 negative difference. Note that this isn't balanced for games in your division either. For example, my ratings in the division are all even when I'm away. I think I should have been better in my home park, but it hasn't really shown up that strongly.

As for you and Hawk, it shouldn't be surprising that the ratings for the parks show you at the bottom. I would still say that your hitting and his pitching have over performed the expectations. Even if you just look at amount of $ spent. Especially Hawk's pitching/fielding. Hawk is the only team with a fairly large one run dif +8, although Jeep is +6.

OTOH, I would say that Smokey's team is the biggest under performer.

It looks, however, that your latest hot streak has put you into the playoffs barring a sudden collapse.

The Central is most likely Silver's and Big M, Hawk look to go down to the wire with the loser most likely taking the WC unless someone like NP can gain six or more games with 15 to play. Not likely, but could occur.

Not the close NLD finishes we're used to. It'll be interesting to see if anything tightens up down the stretch.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:03 am

Well, if we weren't done before, we are now. Needed to sweep Keyz, but lost 2 instead.

First game lost with Myers, who's actually pretty good v LHB, but has a .384 aver against this year. :roll:, Here's how
1-7 single,
1-12 HR
straight single
1-12 HR.

There's 4 runs, but we're still in it until
1-2 2bx single.
1-8 2bx sngle (cuz we're holding of of second (stupid Hal) which we wouldn't have been w/o the first 1-2)
Ground out - should be DP, but Hal is playing in in the 5th inning. :roll:
1-5 single
ground out on a 3bx. We got lucky that it wasn't a hit, but could have been a DP to end the inning too.
Then the killer, Harris (who is pretty bad v RHP, against Gutierrez) hits a 2 run double. :(

Second loss is a 9th inning beauty against Baily who's not bad. :roll:

Clean single to start
4-2 walk off of bailey
Then Hal, probably holding, 2bx for a single, could have been a dp with a 2e10 2b.
WP, followed by a failed throw to the plate. which I'm not sure how it even happened since it was a GBC. :?
Then a sac fly to put us behind.

If our vaunted D, a 2b who's a 2e10, can make even one of those plays, we at least win one of those games, if he makes all the plays, a likely occurrence, we sweep.

In the mean time, his 3e22 SS is making every play as does his 3e13 3b. I guess we did luck into an E by Utley. In the first one we missed a 1-15 and a 1-12 HR, plus Pennington makes a play in the 9th right before a Tulo HR. <sigh>

That's been our season in a nutshell. :( :cry:

Such is life in the NLD I guess. The teams are close enough, that you have to get some breaks. <sigh> I'm sure we did early,but of late against Keyzick? Nope, not at all.

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 am

Ahhh...nice to read that recap! I have tons of success with that Ramirez/Pennington platoon at SS this year.

I know it hurts fielding-wise, but as long as I have a 1 or 2 at 2b, I don't mind it (Utley with a 2 in this case). Offensively, these 2 combine for some great stats too.

Not quite clinched yet, but getting closer... :D
keyzick

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Joe you got NOTHING on me, three series ago I was 1 game back and breathing down Keyzicks neck, three consecutive sweeps later and I'm the "proud" owner of a team that's going in reverse... at 120MPH!!!

10 straight losses, just 'cause I like the Mets, doesn't mean I want my strat-o teams to emulate their late season ways. :roll:
Last edited by Ninersphan on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ninersphan

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 pm

I hear ya Niners, I went on a streak like that last week. It pretty much stinks.

It just hurts all the more when you need to sweep and you lose on some tough breaks. You notice them more at the end of the season. :(

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 pm

:shock:

Wish I could play as well against Keyzick as I do against Niners.

Sorry NP.

Wow, this is the most boring NLD ever. The PO teams are pretty much set with 9 games to play. :( :?

Jet
joethejet

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 am

13 straight now, what an EPIC collapse :cry:
Ninersphan

Postby keyzick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 am

[quote:e8068f20e8="Ninersphan"]13 straight now, what an EPIC collapse :cry:[/quote:e8068f20e8]

"Epic" is very accurate in this situation!
keyzick

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat