Major League Keeper League

Postby TefJ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 pm

First off, congrats to Rally Sally for winning it all. It was a really fun season, and I'm looking forward to next season and beyond.

Second off, our organization is embarrassed by the actions of our franchise player, A-Rod. He has (supposedly) been clean since 2003, long before he was acquired by our organization. We sincerely apologize to all our fans and hope that we can put this ugly incident behind us. A-Rod bobblehead day will still happen as scheduled on Opening Day of 2008...

Looking ahead to next year, I have a few guys I could stand to move:

Sean Casey - High Avg 1Bman. He'd be a great first baseman for a smallball team for next year, and the price would be pretty low.

Michael Young or Jack Wilson - Two good shortstops. I'd only be looking to move one, and I'd expect a decent return as both are likely to be good this year and in the future.

Javier Vazquez - decent * starter. He's could provide a boost for someone who needs to round out their rotation. He didn't have as good a year in 2008 as he did in 2007, but still will be worth having.

Let me know if you're interested in these (or other) players.
TefJ

Postby Madigan33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Do we post our ten drops on the message board or do we send a list to someone?
Madigan33

Postby Rally Sally » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks WP. I built to win early, so the real test is whether or not I can compete next season. This was definitely the most dramatic keeper league postseason I've played in. I think my World Series co-MVP's are Rafael Betancourt and Rafael Perez, as they carried my staff when Putz and the starters faltered. The postseason LVP has to go to Fausto Carmona, however; that 2.10 isn't his ERA, it's his WHIP!

In more pressing news, I believe that recent developments have tarnished the once-proud award of MVP. I've talked with Magglio Ordonez's agent, Scott Boras, and he says that the star right fielder feels cheated by the actions of Mr. Rodriguez. "Leaving aside Magglio's miraculous recovery from a serious knee injury in 2005, how are we to know that Rodriguez didn't enhance his performance this year?"

A-Rod's agent, Scott Boras, could not be reached for comment. :)
Rally Sally

Postby thisisray » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 pm

[quote:ebb3463520="Madigan33"]Do we post our ten drops on the message board or do we send a list to someone?[/quote:ebb3463520]

Post these players on the board here. Please post your 25-30 man active roster and then the 10-15 dropped players.
thisisray

Postby thisisray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:05 am

To get to my 40 man limit I am dropping Peter Moylan.

Keeping:

E. Aybar
H. Blalock
M. Bradley
B. Bruney
T. Buchholz
M. Cabrera
R. Cano
E. Dukes
R. Durham
Y. Escobar
C. Guillen
P. Hughes
M. Jacobs
J. Jurrjens
S. Kazmir
F. Lewis
C. Marmol
S. Marshall
C. Maybin
L. Millidge
J. Morneau
Y. Petit
R. Rowland-Smith
J. Saltalamacchia
J. Shields
G. Sizemore
K. Slowey
R. Spilborghs
H. Street
De. Young

Released:

J. Bard
J. Bautista
Y. Betancourt
E. Byrnes
K. Gabbard
M. Grudzielanek
A. Hill
J. Mathis
K. Morales
D. Turnbow
thisisray

Postby bvargus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 am

I sent a private note, but I should also say "Congrats to the Champion Juggernauts" on the league-wide post.
Like smitty said, Game 6 was special, and showed how good the Jugs are, as they came back from near-extinction in the 9th and the 13th innings to force the deciding game 7.
bvargus

Postby TefJ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:21 pm

We aren't having the draft until the game is released, right? So we can wait until then to do our 30 man rosters, correct?

Like ARay with Smoltz, I have a few guys who may not receive cards or may not be very good and aren't likely to be good in the future. I had planned on waiting to see if they have cards or how much $ they're worth before cutting them for draft picks.

The actual cards should be mailed out today...
TefJ

Postby thisisray » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 pm

[quote:23434db75b="WPWangfuddle"]We aren't having the draft until the game is released, right? So we can wait until then to do our 30 man rosters, correct?
[/quote:23434db75b]

Yes this is correct. Everyone will have a week once the card set is released to post the players they will be keeping.
thisisray

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat