GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby alphonso » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:59 pm

I will be in Minneapolis April 19-22 this spring. My youngest son is playing in a youth hockey tournament at St.Louis Park, Plymouth, Bloomington and somewhere else...

I think we are staying at the Embassy Suites near the Mall of America. We stayed over there in past years. Once I get the schedule of games, I would love to catch a cold one with you guys. (assuming you are anywhere near those places)

Good luck with the move.

-Alphonso (Dan Puffer)
alphonso

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:01 pm

Thanks Lee, I've checked the real estate in the area and a house like mine in Boise would be about 15 to 20% higher in SW suburbs of Minny. A couple of co-workers have already moved there. They said the houses are of better quality than in Boise. Boise is very warm and temperate (52 degrees and sunny today :D ), so they throw up houses pretty cheapily around here.....though the property is more expensive than it should be.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. I never believe what Jeep says anyway! :wink: Besides, I lived in Stoughton, WI until I was 12 years old, so I have a general idea what to expect from the weather. I'm 100% Norwegian so I'll feel right at home! My ancestors raped and pillaged in icy cold conditions! :shock:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:05 pm

[quote:1bd9e0d084="alphonso1"]I will be in Minneapolis April 19-22 this spring. My youngest son is playing in a youth hockey tournament at St.Louis Park, Plymouth, Bloomington and somewhere else...

I think we are staying at the Embassy Suites near the Mall of America. We stayed over there in past years. Once I get the schedule of games, I would love to catch a cold one with you guys. (assuming you are anywhere near those places)

Good luck with the move.

-Alphonso (Dan Puffer)[/quote:1bd9e0d084]

Wow, this is great. After living in a town no one ever visited, Minneapolis is a happen' town. I don't think I'll be there in April, but I'm always up for a cold one with an online Strato buddy when the time presents itself.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby CATom » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:40 pm

wow, good luck on your move, kev --- it ain't easy BUT it sure is fun!! (got tickets for three shows in the next 3 months PLUS tickets to the BBQ cook-off at the Houston Rodeo) !!!!

Tom.
CATom

For those of you who didn't...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:23 pm

follow or make the LOTO Finals - AT beat Riggo the great in 7 games to be crowned as the 2006 LOTO Champion. Be sure to congratulate - That was quite a tough 3 rounds. R
ROBERTVOZZA

My wife's Family...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:35 pm

Lives in Brooklyn Park, MN and if we go to visit the Grandparents in the summer, we can all definitely hookup. Maybe that great rib place in the uptown Mall.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby HUDAMAN » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:50 pm

Wow Rob, had no idea your family had family here. Uptown is a fun place to go, I think the rib place your talking about is probably Famous Daves. Unfortunately, our best rib joint went out of business, but Dave's is still pretty decent, although they've become a bit diluted as they've gotten bigger. We'll have to make it a point!

Dan, I've been to that Embassy Suites many times, used to work very close to there. I'll keep some time open for ya.
HUDAMAN

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:42 pm

Wow, Minnesota seems to be the common denominator here. I have an aunt in Minnetonka that I visit whenever I go back and see the main group of relative in S Dakota.

When I've been back its usually been nice through mid-October. But when they say "the frost is on the pumpkin," they REALLY mean it!

As summers go, I much prefer the low humidity "left coast." And as winters go, I much prefer the summer. :lol:
kaviksdad

Re: My wife's Family...

Postby KEVINEHLE » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 am

[quote:20d5b8e59a="robvoz"]Lives in Brooklyn Park, MN and if we go to visit the Grandparents in the summer, we can all definitely hookup. Maybe that great rib place in the uptown Mall.[/quote:20d5b8e59a]

Rob, you and Pam definitely need to give us a call when you get into town!! :D We'll get Lee and hit the rib place (Famous Dave's?).

**BTW, I am jealous of Jeep's trip to some of my favorite places. :cry: Living Utah for 9 years and Arizona for 5, I got to spend some quality time in Southern Utah (awesome!) and the Grand Canyon (very nice if you like big holes in the ground). I am already imagining a Jeep Wrangler off-roading and getting those wheels red from the southern utah colorful terrain. Jeep is the man!!
:cry:
Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby alphonso » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:42 pm

That'll be great Lee. I would guess that the schedule for the games will be out somewhere around mid march. I don't remember much of what was around the Embassy Suites, but I did spend many a late night in the lobby bar area.

I do seem to remember driving a LONG ways to one of the games. Maybe it was the one in Plymouth?

-Dan
alphonso

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat