Junior's Circuit chat thread

I'm in baby!

Postby kramed77429 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Just finished putting my team in. Had to drop two pitchers, Marte and Stanton are up for grabs. I had to pick up to additional slugs to fill my bench, so I took a real bad C from Tor and an equally bad OF from Oakland.

I am off to poker night, if anyone wanted to two sucky players, we'll worry about it after tonight. Atleast I got in on time.

By the way, Kudos to the Tigers for making the Yankees look like the highest paid over-rated team in history.
kramed77429

Tigrrrrrrrrrrs -- They'rrrrrre GREAT !

Postby TomSiebert » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:38 pm

I grew up a Yankees fan, and still kinda like them, but I have to say I took perverse pleasure in watching this All-Star team go down to the scrappy Tigers. It just goes and proves the old adage never stops being true: Good pitching beats good hitting. Tigers staff went after the usually patient Yankees, and it worked -- far fewer walks than you usually see from the team.

Others point it out in the press, but the fact is that the Yankees are a team full of Big Game Losers now: ARod, Giambi, Mussina, even Randy Johnson except for that one year when Schilling inspired him to World Series greatness.

Does anybody really think ARod will be New York next year? I know he's got veto power, but I can't imagine George wanting him, nor can I imagine him wanting to stick around. He's going to get crucified in the NY press for the next week and for all the off-season. I don't know who's going to want to eat that salary or accept the divisive figure he apparently is in the clubhouse, either.

Yankees losing makes the post season a lot more interesting. A's-Tigers has lots of good storylines, between the young and aggressive Detroiters and the hard-luck Moneyballers. I'm really fascinated with the revived Frank Thomas storyline, too.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:08 pm

It's sad that A-Rod can have a season like he had and is steamrolled, how many guys would kill to have a season like his :? . I am a Met fan and I would take A-Rod anytime. Good Pitching beats Good Hitting except when HAL is in control :D . SGT D
SGTD

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat