GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Of course we will, Kev...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Maybe Minneapolis in the Summer would be a good place to have a small Private SOM/GBBR Convention. It is definitely really nice there that time of year - Unlike Phoenix - Where it is great when everyone else is snowed in and freezing.

I'll still be around, I just won't be playing much - if at all. But I'll still checkin on the boards late at night when I am suffering from insomnia. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Convention sounds great!

Dan, Plymouth is a long haul from that Embassy Suites, which is in Bloomington. You're actually pretty close to the 'Big Mall' there, other than that, it's a pretty generic suburban/airport area. The good news is that there is now a light rail line that runs from MOA to downtown, so it's pretty easy and quick to get to more interesting surroundings. When you get your schedule, let me know, and we can figure something out.

The Swarmers stayed on the north side of .500 with a sweep over Edges squad last night. I'm still waiting on Ortiz. I guess you have to be careful what you wish for.... :shock:
HUDAMAN

JEEP

Postby CATom » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 pm

managed a hotel in Sedona for over a year! Where are you staying? Great little place BUT ---- SOME of the people are pretty strange (tell you a story about my plumber someday). Any jeep tour is great - a really MUST is the horseback ride with the BBQ dinner at the end - really scenic AND GOOD grub! Pink jeep is a good tour :) Slide rock is a must see too - cold now but will warm up soon and even if you don't go down it - it's pretty kool! Koffee Pot restaurant (originally owned by Jane Russell) is a must in the morning BUT if no where else you have to go to the COWBOY CLUB in downtown Sedona, try the rattlesnake and the steaks :)

Tom.

BTW - ONLY McDonalds in the world with TIEL arches !!!!!!!
CATom

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 am

TOM,

Pink Jeep is already booked. I do a lot of research /planning prior to a vacate and looks like I did well according to your suggestions. Coffee Pot Rest. already planned, too. Doing a BBQ dinner at the Blazin' M Ranch. We don't "horseback" but every minute is filled. Bedding down at the Hilton Sedona, reviews and research I looked at makes this the place: Excellent location, close to everything but not downtown, excellent room/view, good spa and I'm a HiltonHonors member so I get points. :)

Another activity in Sedona is a hike through Red Rock State Park led by a Ranger, kinda like an eco-tour. The wife and I like that kind of stuff. No smirks from the back please. :lol: :wink:

Something else I have planned while in Sedona...Robt will like this no doubt, is an "aura reading". I've never done anything like this ever and am doing it simply for the fun of it. The surrounding area really lends itself to this sorda thing so why not. If I get some valuable information, then that will be a bonus. :wink: :wink:

Tom, wish you could make it down.
Jeepdriver

Meanwhile from the cheap seats...

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:54 am

The Manager of the Suspects (namely yours truly) may be vacationing even sooner than he thinks if the team continues its downward spiral. We're falling faster than a skydiver without his parachute. :x

Last night for instance, we lose all three games by a 5-3 score and two went extras. We're losing every way imaginable. It's now to the point where I just sit back and watch. Can't afford any more moves...not until Edmonds gets his 15-gamer, that is. :roll: :oops: :?
Jeepdriver

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 am

Sorry Jeep about the three 5-3 losses my team inflicted on you last night! Everything is going right for us in our current 8 game winning streak!! :D However, I just lost Tony Clark for two games. When Tony went down for 8 games earlier in the year, we lost ALL 8 games he was out!! :shock: My streak will most likely end very quickly!

Have a great time in Sedona! I spent some time there as well. I never got to go on the Pink Jeep tour....dang it!! We went to Slide Rock, paid the small admission to get in...but when we got to the river......they wouldn't let us in the water!!!.....because they said the water was rushing too swiftly and it was dangerous! What the......? By the way, no refund. We paid money to watch the water rush by us!! :evil:

Other than that.....the rest of Sedona is awesome! I kind of like the Glass Church by the rocks. It's touristy, but it's kinda cool. Have fun.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Yo know what they say tho...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:56 am

"people who attend glass churches - Shouldn't throw stones." :wink: :lol:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:25 am

Robert, I think the saying is "Stoned people don't throw glass rocks in churches". :? :?

Anyway, your team is on a 5 game terror!!!! You'll be catching the re-tooled Jeep team if you keep up that madness. :D

Meanwhile, my Tony Clarkless team lost 2 of 3 last night to break my 8 game streak. :cry:
How in the heck is my team 3rd in the league in scoring!!!! :shock:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

I just have had trouble...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:33 am

Figuring out why my 35M Pitching staff had been so horrendous - So I decided to dump some pitching cap. Probably a dumb move...But anything is ok when you're playing .300 ball.
ROBERTVOZZA

KEV...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:30 am

... this is Rob's ball & chain (heehee)... he's off somewhere, not answering his cell phone (I'm sure half-dressed women are involved)... anyway, Kev... please send me Diane's email address. I want to hook you guys up with my brother, Bob & his wife, Nicole. They moved back to Minneapolis (not far from the Uptown area) about a year or so ago (his company transferred him back after being in San Diego for several years), so they've done the whole cross-country move / home purchase thing and I think they'd be a tremendous help to you. Also, personally, I think Diane & Nicole would hit it off tremendously. Nicole is a black belt in kickboxing and a life coach. Bob & Nicole are a great couple, really fun to hang out with, totally into the music scene in Minneapolis... they're around your age, and I KNOW you guys would hit it off (Rob agrees, too!)

OKAY... the wife is done thread-jacking (LOL!)... back to your manly stuff (whatever the hell that means).

PV :)
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat