NSKL FA DRAFT 2011

Postby rzepernick » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:37 pm

I am surprised to find out that the prospect draft started today, had not seen that decision published. Also, last year round 1 had no clock. Again, I am surprised to see that a decision was made to put round 1 on a clock. Since prospects have no cards it seems to me that we could use a system that is a little more patient. Since I seem to be the only one out of the loop on info I suppose it has to do with the problems I have always had getting the posted notices sent to my email, even though I set "watch this forum."
Anyway, I would suggest that for the future we take the fast clock away from the prospect draft. It takes some of the fun out of the league.
rzepernick

Postby bvargus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:13 pm

First of all, thank you Russ for setting the record straight and taking responsibility for your own actions. The system we are using is one that we as a league decided on, and it is not the place of a new member to come in and try to dictate our rules to us.
[b:a2d16c884c]Splinter[/b:a2d16c884c], when we started, we had the same rules as the other leagues, ie, no clock on weekends. People got bored and frustrated with the slow pace and we voted to change it.
We also instituted our clock, which I happen to think is much better than the other system used by most leagues. You know in advance when your pick is, and you need only log on one time in an entire day and take a few minutes to make your pick. That doesn't seem like a great hardship to me, especially compared to other leagues where you may have to log on repeatedly over the course of several hours. Nonetheless, if it is a hardship, you can give someone a proxy list, as we've said several times in the recent past.
We do invite and encourage league members to voice their opinion, which is why I will usually post my intention a couple days in advance , in case anyone has a problem. It's part of why I postponed from Friday to Saturday, so that if anyone had a huge problem with it, they could say so in advance.
But I do wish you would stop with the references about your predecessor, as you have no knowledge of what transpired with him.
[b:a2d16c884c]Rog[/b:a2d16c884c], I'm sorry you were left out of the loop. One of the other unique features of our league is that I try to send out league-wide emails whenever something important is going to happen, including the prospect draft. It so happens my computer crashed a week ago, and I have been working off a laptop and don't have access to my saved groups. But again, we did post on the message boards. We are doing what the majority of league members wanted, though there's no reason we can't re-vote on it--or any other rules or procedures--if requested by a league member.
I will always respond to such requests, but I will not acquiesce to threats to quit, etc, if someone doesn't get their way.
Last edited by bvargus on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bvargus

Postby bvargus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:30 pm

PROSPECT DRAFT

1ST ROUND - SAT APR 9
1. BillyV - Bryce Harper OF Wash
2. Rickp - 11AM - noon--Manny Machado--SS--(Balt. O's)
3. JayW - noon-1 PM-- J.P.Arencibia--C--(BlueJays)--via proxy by Rick
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
5. Litangel (from Thisisray) 2-3 PM - Mike Trout CF LAA
6. Russ - Eric Hosmer, KC
7. WPWangfuddle - 4-5 PM--M.Pineda--SP--(Seattle Mariners)
8. RickP - 5-6 PM--Kenley Jansen--RP--(LA Dodgers)
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - Julio Teheran P Atl
11. RickP - 8-9 PM--Jordan Walden--RP--(LAA)
12. Stevendavis 9 -10 Brandon Belt lb SF

2nd ROUND
1. BillyV - Wil Myers C-OF KC
2. RickP - 11 AM-noon
3. JayW - noon-1 PM
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
5. Thisisray 2-3 PM
6. RickP - 3-4 PM
7. WPWangfuddle - 4-5 PM
8. johnThen - 5-6 PM
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - 7-8 PM
11. litangel - 8-9 PM
12. Stevendavis - 9-10 PM
Last edited by bvargus on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bvargus

Postby rzepernick » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 pm

PROSPECT DRAFT

1ST ROUND - SAT APR 9
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - 7-8 PM Julio Teheran sp Atl.

2nd ROUND
1. BillyV -
2. RickP - 11 AM-noon
3. JayW - noon-1 PM
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
5. Thisisray 2-3 PM
6. RickP - 3-4 PM
7. WPWangfuddle - 4-5 PM
8. johnThen - 5-6 PM
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - 7-8 PM
11. litangel - 8-9 PM
rzepernick

THANK U BILL

Postby CaliENGR » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I want to thank you Bill for addressing these issues because earlier today I had spit some venom out there on the new guy because I felt we working with the old guy all over again. I have since apologized to the league for what was said & deleted those posts. I hope we can all move on from here.

RP

BTW on a side note John's team is now loaded & the league will be ready to go. He was having a little trouble with the order of how it worked on the site but all is good now. He tried to get a hold of me yesterday to ask me how to get his team loaded but I was at work & couldn't talk or he would have had it in on time so we could start the season on Monday. Anyway I think this ended up better because Jay will be back from Italy before our season starts.
CaliENGR

Postby bvargus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm

PROSPECT DRAFT

1ST ROUND - SAT APR 9
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - Julio Teheran P Atl

2nd ROUND
1. BillyV - Wil Myers C-OF KC
2. RickP - 11 AM-noon
3. JayW - noon-1 PM
4. Ndowdy - 1-2 PM
5. Thisisray 2-3 PM
6. RickP - 3-4 PM
7. WPWangfuddle - 4-5 PM
8. johnThen - 5-6 PM
9. Splinter - 6-7 PM
10. rzepernick - 7-8 PM
11. litangel - 8-9 PM
bvargus

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 pm

I sincerely hope that Splinter stays in the league. but since he said he would leave, I think we should wait til he confirms one way or the other, picking or dropping, til we continue. I want to leave neither him, nor his replacement if he unfortunately leaves, behind.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby the splinter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 am

[quote:d00d24e329] think we should wait til he confirms one way or the other, picking or dropping, til we continue. I want to leave neither him, nor his replacement if he unfortunately leaves, behind. [/quote:d00d24e329]

Pardon me if I call BS!!!

You and this league have had no problem skipping(leaving behind) anyone at anytime....and this leagues track record only supports that(look at the team I took over)...if I had known( yes my fault for not asking to see all rosters etc) I was getting into a league that treated its fellow GM's like this I would not have joined.

[quote:d00d24e329]But I do wish you would stop with the references about your predecessor, as you have no knowledge of what transpired with him.
[/quote:d00d24e329]

I know what you have told me...that you skipped him many times. Yes he went awol...did you offer to stop the draft then like is being done now? Did you look for a replacement then or did the league just run rough shod over the 12th team? The proof is in the pudding....the other 11 teams have either an active roster 3+ players deep or rosters 2-3 deep and prospects 6 deep.

I will speak my mind as I see fit...I will not post something I will later want to delete( no need to delete for me either...I am a big boy). I am apologizing to nobody...I have nothing to apologize for. I see unfair and unsportman like actions...I will say so. Rick, I will be blunt. Your apology to the 'other 10" and by circumvention naming me a "pot stirrer" is kinda small. If you gotta problem with me...say so...we can work it out...or not. I would have preferred you had done so in a PM but since you didn't ...I didn't either.

I did not and do not have an issue with scheduled live drafts...I think you will see I didnt miss a pick in the draft for this league...and if I did it was by minutes and I said nothing. But this is a PROSPECT DRAFT!!! These guys will be here for a year! Skipping guys in prospect drafts undermines the future of the league and compromises the integrity of the GM's who do it!

I hold no grudges and have no problem with my statements or actions. I do feel that this "event' has lead to me being in a defensive position and I do not feel welcome here.....I play for fun and camaraderie and competetition...I'm not feeling that here either.

So...for the betterment of your league and my conscience....being true to my word.....I'm out!

Enjoy !
the splinter

Postby RUSSIMLER » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 am

Ok, I assume we are on hold until we have a replacement? Oops, guess it doesn't matter, some donk traded my 2nd round pick away anyway :oops: :P

There's clearly a difference here. Splinter, by leaving in mid draft, is screwing the next manager, not just his own team for the future. Let's find a respectful manager who wants to play with us and move on.
RUSSIMLER

Postby the splinter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:13 am

I have emailed the powers that be to see if they can hold this league until you get your replacement.

If not I have asked if this team can be transferred to another account...free of charge.

In order to expedite the process please PM me the info for the person who takes over...I will not be checking back here with any regularity.
the splinter

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat