GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

JEEP

Postby CATom » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 am

Wish we were going too (my wife loves it there) - been back once since we left, stayed at the Kokopelli Inn and Suites (place I use to manage) cause the price was right :). Also, try to make it to the Village of Oak Creek (think they incorporated it into Sedona - just east of town towards the Flagstaff/Phoenix freeway). The golf course is there and is certainly worth a "lunch". In any case have a great time, and enjoy the "red rocks" - and if your ever in Houston you can get your hHonor points at my Hampton Inn :)

Tom.
CATom

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Sounds good Tom. I have been to Houston once, in June no less, so it was like 100 degrees. :shock:
Jeepdriver

Occasionally...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 am

We have 100 degree days here in Late March...But usually Nov. 15-April 15 is as pleasant as can be. Something you will experience here in AZ Jeep is extreme temperture variance. It could be anywhere from 44-95(Days) in Phoenix when you're here - March is the least predictable month.

Phoenix is 1000' above sea level. Sedona and the Verde Valley are around 4300' and Flagstaff is nearly 7000'. The area between Flagg and the Grand Canyon will vary between 7000-8000+ so you could experience some extreme cold - or even snow up there. Or it could be 65-75 degrees. But the REAL variance you will experience is the biggest Daily variance in the US - Meaning the morning temperture could be below freezing 10 -32 (Up North), then the afternoon temperture could baloon to 70+ then drop suddenly when the sun goes down.

So my sugestion is to wear layers - especially because you'll be doing a lot of outdoor activity.

Az tend to be very dry - but not always. Around April 11, 2000 - When Pam and I lived in Flagstaff, we had a storm that lasted over 30 hrs drop 28 inches of snow - On a weekend. If you drove South on I - 17 you could be in a blizzard at 7k ft. and went about 45 miles to the Sedona exit, there might only be a light dusting. And if you drove only another 15 miles to Cottonwod/Camp Verde - the sun might be shining and no snow at all....By the time you got to Phoenix, 2 hrs later, you'd be sweating in anything more than short sleeves and shorts.

It really can be THAT variable. I really like the cold(Dry) and wear shorts almost year round - Even when I go to Sedona or Flagstaff. It has to go into the low 30's for me to put on a pair of pants.

So dress for all kinds of weather and you'll be fine. :wink: Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jeepdriver » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:27 am

Yep Robert exactly as I had figured, so dressing in layers is the plan. The only downside is that we'll have to pack more than we normally would for a week, which means more checked luggage, which means more lugging by yours truly, which means more of an opportunity for Delta to lose my said luggage. But, we'll focus on all the fun we'll have. 8)
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 am

Meanwhile on the ole diamond the Suspects are playing much better winning 7 of 9 incl. a 3-game drubbing of the Diamond Kings last night by a combined score of 31-4. :shock: :wink:
Jeepdriver

Big...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:37 pm

Jeep certainly loves to let you know the score, doesn't he? :lol: :wink: R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:05 am

Straight from AP wire sources: Pettitte joins his 3rd team of the season. 8) :wink:

Yes, making more roster moves. Remember the Styx song "I've Got Too Much Time on my Hands?" Well that's me having just the two active teams so I'm finding myself tweaking an underperforming team quite a bit, probably too much especially at the 20% hit now, but I can not bear to see this team struggle continuingly. BTW, as mentioned Edmonds is gone following his first lengthy injury. The .100 B.A. didn't help either.
Last edited by Jeepdriver on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeepdriver

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:43 am

Rob - I'm not going to be able to make it down to Phoenix, at least for awhile. Things are going nuts at work, and my father's health is getting worse. As bad as I need a vacation, I can't find any time to take one -
kaviksdad

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Too bad Kav but most understandable. Hope all works out with your dad. Thoughts and prayers buddy.

Is anyone else in the Phoenix area that can meet up next month?
Jeepdriver

Postby cummings2 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am

Ditto that. Our thoughts and prayers with you and your loved ones KD.

I'm really doubtful to be able to go, March is the beginning of theatre seasons here and not only work abounds on that end but also on the run of pilot season. If I can get some decent sleep it'd help as well.

In case I do get a chance...being in Cali makes the dash to 'Zona far more of a possibility.

Rob, will write later tonight when I get home. PM.

Hope alls good with y'all/
cummings2

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat