GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:50 am

Pettitte wins first start for Suspects. In an odd occurance 11 runs were scored in this game with zero men LOB:

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/league/boxscore.html?group_id=5582&g_id=529[/url]
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:21 am

Would love to have been there that week, but my wife insisted we go to Cancun. A strat/spring training/golf outing was a tough sell.... :roll:

I'm still looking forward to launching some new initiatives in May/June that definitely involve spending some time in your area. I know this sounds tough, but I've also got to do some scouting of resort meeting space there. It's an ugly job, but someones got to do it. I have to get my Kung Fu class through this quarter as well, over 100 kids and adults in the program now. I've decided I need the summer off to get some stuff going, but that does take a good bit of my time.

Nothing finalized yet, but after a four year delay, I'm ready to roll.

On the field, I continue to be baffled by both the set, and in particular my team. Just when a rash of injuries brought me back to earth, where I thought I'd stay, I reel off an 18-6 run to reach 51-39 behind the resurgent (or is it just surgent?) David Ortiz, who is finally pulling his weight. KD just doesn't seem to lose a series though, and I'm still three games back in the division, despite the leagues second best record. Frankly, I expected nothing from this squad, terrible draft, and less than ideal division fit. Go figure. I figure I've jinxed myself now.
HUDAMAN

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:21 am

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Marc...Sounds like you have much more important things to attend to than Cactus league. Hope everything works itself out.

Sorry that my participation here has been only fleeting at best. I am still moving forward very nicely with my goals. But am getting a little fatigued again this week. After Sunday, I think I may take a few days off and see my Chiropractor in Sedona - Adjustments and clean air will be a nice break from all the city driving I have bben doing.

Just a little more than a month before your trip, Jeep...Looking forward to finally meeting...Chuck, I'll be looking for that PM tomorrow morning before I leave. Got to get some shuteye. R
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:02 pm

I'm completely embittered with my team. This is one of very few teams where I got most of my draft card and the team didn't turn out good. Grrr :x
Jeepdriver

Postby alphonso » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:54 am

Sorry to hear about your dad Kav. That sucks. I also know about being nuts at work, it seems whenever I think things are settling in, it gets crazy again...

I just found out last night my April Minneapolis trip is off for me... :( The wife is going to take my son to the tournament. I got swapped out for a June trip to Montreal. Not a terrible deal overall, there are some nice strip clubs in Montreal, :wink: and the weather will be better than Minn in April. :) So I guess I will have to wait till next April to meet up with you guys up there.

On the field...I have to agree with Jeep. I thought I had a decent draft for my Fenway team and it shows with one of the best HOME records. Yet, I BLOW CHUNKS on the road......My stupid pickup of Sweeney to sit on the DL isn't helping any either :evil: ....Oh well.

-Alphonso
alphonso

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:33 am

Well my enigmatic squad swept a very good Swarmers team last night. I believe this squad has had a lot of bad luck, which means I probably shouldn't have tinkered as much as I have, but I couldn't help it. What I need is some consistency and I need it now. Can I buy some of that in Arizona? :? :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 am

Jeep, your teams are Kryptonite to me. Wait, maybe that's a bad analogy, as that would make me Superman. :shock:

I haven't looked that closely, but I know you've swept me at least twice now in this league, and this one really hurt, as I had gotten within two of KD, and just like that, it's five back again. :evil:
HUDAMAN

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am

I wish I could transfer my success here to my team in the Tour finals -

11-22 after 33 games...Santana 1-5, Peavy 1-5, 4 regulars hitting below the Mendoza line, nobody getting on base, etc. That team is pretty much the same team I have here, only HAL is taking pleasure in tormenting me. Getting no rolls whatsoever -
kaviksdad

I don't think...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:58 am

I have beaten Kav once all season. Our Division has such diverse BP's, that it is impossible to adapt to them all and win at home too. His team just absolutely owns mine. I can't get them out and I can't out hit them. :roll:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby CATom » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:40 pm

my team seems to be floundering, have put out a couple of offers - even though we are still in first i can't set on my laurels! Will look at any decent offers, no one (except maybe Manny, Chris and Pedro) is untouchable!!

Tom.
CATom

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat