Bobby's ERA LG is back...lottery results and chat

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:25 pm

Also... just to get this all in one place... in summary (if I extracted this correctly from the individual division drafts), here are the undrafted teams that are available (just to their division/era)... of course except for the players listed in parenthesis below who were drafted in the final round and thus NOT ELIGIBLE for others to pick them up).

Bobby... I'm definitely not trying to overstep or step on toes by posting this info/data, if you prefer to handle that let me know, otherwise I'm just trying to make sure we have all the info visible, as I know most are distracted across several leagues and teams going at the same time. :)

East
1903 Boston
1924 Washington
1929 Cubs (except Hornsby, Cuyler)
1934 St. Louis (except Ripper Collins, Dizzy Dean)

Central
1955 Cincinnati (except Temple)
1965 Minnesota (except Kaat)
1969 NYMets (except Koosman, Seaver)

East
1979 Pittsburgh (except Parker, Robinson, Garner)
1984 San Diego
1986 Houston (except Mike Scott)
Proverbial Psalms

Postby 10thFrame » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:44 pm

I also picked up a player from the 69Mets (McGraw) in the central, just thought I would let everyone know.
10thFrame

Postby Cubs48 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Bobby clearly stated that players from non-drafted teams (except for the 4 PLAYERS drafted)could be claimed on WAIVERS.... :)
Cubs48

Re: Bobby's ERA LG is back...lottery results and chat

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:12 pm

Cubs... that is definitely one way to read it for sure...
Here are the waiver-relevant rules Bobby posted:
[quote:db0f51af39="B.o.b.b.y..."] Here's the rules:
5. Waivers can only be picked from teams in your ERA that were not selected in the live draft.
6. In order to try to balance the live draft due to only five rounds being selected the waivers will be made as a sixth round. The 4th ranked manager from each division will announce their 1st selection and then the 3rd ranked manager makes a selection followed by 2nd and finally 1st ranked manager for each division. This selection process has no time limit BUT should be done asap....
7. You must select waivers from your designated ERA and maintain a roster from the same ERA throughout the season.
8. NO TRADES ALLOWED...a manager can drop players but only from their protected teams or the non selected teams within your ERA.... [/quote:db0f51af39]
The above rules are the ones that involved waivers/etc... and as I read it it does say that waivers can ONLY involve unclaimed players but it doesn't say the reverse... that unclaimed players are ONLY available during waivers.. and hence why I think at least 4 managers out them on their autodraft card.

And just FYI... as to my own motivation... the two guys I drafted cost 0.50M and 0.68M, so I definitely don't have a real big vested interest in how this comes out... just looking for to make sure that everyone has a chance to express how it read to them... and ultimately for the tops-down ruling from Bobby :)
Proverbial Psalms

Postby Cubs48 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Bill...this is not a big issue but if waivers is the "6th round" why would someone be allowed to select from the available "undrafted during the live draft" pool by putting them on their draft card ?....and yes four people drafted players they were'nt supposed to....but EIGHT drafted properly.... :)

Scott
Cubs48

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Scott,

As soon as I saw 8 managers had not drafted anyone, I knew the way I read the rules was likely not correct... :roll:

I honestly thought the purpose of the 6th round was solely to "equalize" the draft.. in a serpentine with an odd number of rounds, those that pick low in round 5 never get the equalizing reverese-order selection without a 6th round... so I hadn't extended to thinking about why there would be one pick when autocard could do the same.

The clincher for me when I entered my team was really that it was a waivers league.. and weighted waivers at that! If everyone entered just their protected draftcards, there would be no conflicts, no lost players and everyone would be "tied" for waivers. I'd seen on posts how then it was done based on who entered the league first, and that didn't seem right to me that that would determine the waiver order.

Anyway, I agree, it's not a big deal to me... I just wanted to let you know my thinking process (or my non-thinking process in this case :wink:). I should have checked before entering my team.. and Bobby has already weighed with his decision [b:fd882fc52b](in league mail)[/b:fd882fc52b] that he intended it to work the way you describe, so my apologies for messing it up.

It may be a bigger deal to the west... where nolan ryan and two relievers are now missing from waivers... :?
Last edited by Proverbial Psalms on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbial Psalms

Postby rjohaire » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Bobby posted his decision in league mail.

One possible alternative is that the managers who already took some players off the undrafted teams can refrain from entering waivers for any additional players.
rjohaire

Postby Cubs48 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:52 pm

...almost sorry I brought it up... :( let's just have a fun league.. :) ...and I do understand your intrepretation Bill... 8)

Scott
Cubs48

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:55 pm

:) Yes... I'm eager to get started and see how the eras stack up against each other
Proverbial Psalms

Postby rjohaire » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Obviously the teams are differnet now.
But I went back to the 2 ATG II leagues we had:

The results were: (not in as played sequence)

Teams in the Finals were from the:
East vs West twice - east winning both times
Central vs East - East winning
Central vs West W/C - Central winning
Central vs Central W/C - Central w/c winning
East vs West W/C - West W/C winning

So we had 3 eastern division champs, 2 Central division champs and 1 west division champ.
The East in the finals 4 times with 3 rings
Central in the finals 4 times with 2 rings
West iin the finals 4 times with 1 ring
rjohaire

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat