G & T Chat

Postby KEVINEHLE » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 pm

What's all this talk about farm animals? 8-) I promise that I was only playing cards with the sheep and cows when I was visiting Idaho last month. We didn't allow the goats to play because.......well.....they're goats! Goats can't play cards.

*BTW, cows cheat!

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 pm

[quote:764d094154="chasenally"]Jeep said:
Only the Round I picks are protected. If, for example, someone wants to pick another Kansas City player it would be legal as Kev's Greinke pick was in Round II.
I don't follow baseball much anymore but I don't see another K.C. player taken. Before I pick can anyone tell if I can now pick any player from any team? That was not the way I understood the rules. [b:764d094154]I thought for the first 2 rounds teams were "frozen" when a player was taken from said team.[/b:764d094154] I don't care just want to follow the rules and draft accordingly. Mike[/quote:764d094154]

I thought that was the way it was too.

I do know 1 thing your home ball park has to be from one of the 2 picks, so for example, anyone with out a park yet is prohibited from taking Felix Hernandez as Safeco is already off the board. Had I known I could have taken Hernadez I likely would have picked a different poition player then Youklis to get a different park. ( I LOATHE Fenway)
Ninersphan

Postby KEVINEHLE » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 pm

[quote:3ef6d2dddd="chasenally"]Jeep said:
Only the Round I picks are protected. If, for example, someone wants to pick another Kansas City player it would be legal as Kev's Greinke pick was in Round II.
I don't follow baseball much anymore but I don't see another K.C. player taken. Before I pick can anyone tell if I can now pick any player from any team? That was not the way I understood the rules. I thought for the first 2 rounds teams were "frozen" when a player was taken from said team. I don't care just want to follow the rules and draft accordingly. Mike[/quote:3ef6d2dddd]

*You can take any player from any team except from the "11" 1st Round Teams. For example, Youkilis was taken in the 1st round....so you can't pick a Red Sox player. Beyond the 11 teams, you can pick anyone you want.
Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby chasenally » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Do we want to put it on hold for a claifaction of rules and go back to start of second round if someone misunderstood the rules. I am fine with that.
chasenally

Postby MARKHUARD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 pm

The rules for this league have been the same for years. You can pick a player from any team except the teams chosen in the first round. Thus, you can take a player from your team (San Diego) or any of the 18 teams not used in Round 1.

Beginning in Round 3, all players are available for drafting.
MARKHUARD

Postby FRANKMANSUETO » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm

2) Each Owner owns the rights to the team from which his first pick is made for the first TWO rounds of the draft. For example: Santana is picked first. No succeeding Owner may take a Met player until after the first TWO rounds are completed. At the onset of Round 3 all players are fair game.
FRANKMANSUETO

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:43 pm

The rules are self explanatory I believe. As Beach said the rules have always been the same.

As simply as I can put it all Round I picks are protected. No one can take a player from outside their own protected team.

Since no one picked a K.C. player in Round I then as many K.C. players as people want could be taken in Round II. Sames goes for Halladay and Toronto. Toronto wasn't a protected team in Round I so Toronto players are fair game Round II.

To put it another way, 12 teams were used in Round I. So of those 12 teams we can't pick a player from those teams, except from our own team of course, like Stoney picked Sandoval/Lincecum.

Don't try and over-complicate it.

Splinter, I'm not set up to text from my cell carrier, that's why I'm not texting you back. I can receive but not make them myself.
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

And Niners - you couldn't take Felix as Ichiro being picked blocked out all Seattle players thru Round II. That's also why Splinter couldn't take Jeter.
Last edited by Jeepdriver on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeepdriver

Postby keyzick » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 pm

...and to avoid confusion down the road. The Screw Your Neighbor round means you can take a player from any team, provided said player was drafted after the 2nd round AND the team you're taking from has not yet had a player taken from them. 8-)
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

This is pretty ingenious don't you think? :wink:
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat