All rightie league discussion thread.

Postby mighty moose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 am

While we have this issue to work out, that's also going to be a sticky thing. Those with the #12 picks backwards to #1 will have an advantage with this. Those lefty slanting stadiums will be gone in a flash. What to do ???
mighty moose

Postby errormagnate » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:29 am

On stadium issue -kind of changes my whole draft strategy but in looking back what emart said is correct. I just 'assumed' one could sacrifice a pick anytime to pick a stadium. So while I certainly won't like it I will abide by whatever decision is made re stadiums but that would have changed some of my many choices that I got 'weasled' out of.

On the 'beating a dead horse issue of alva - as I said I wouldn't have been nearly as nice about it and find the sycophantic whining to be inappropriate. The only answer at this point should be ' sorry I inconvenienced you all for so many hours and will try not to do it again.' And yes, if I delay a draft in the second round by even 1 hour I EXPECT you to skip me. My nasty little 2 cents but I always was a jerk so you should keep that in mind, lol.
errormagnate

Postby mighty moose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:33 am

Really Steve, in a [b:5118b3a213]RIGHTY ONLY pitchers league[/b:5118b3a213], we all have the same stadium strategy, draft a lefty park. Come on !!! - :D
mighty moose

Postby alvarndc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 am

[quote:77b2f9e932="mighty moose"]While we have this issue to work out, that's also going to be a sticky thing. Those with the #12 picks backwards to #1 will have an advantage with this. Those lefty slanting stadiums will be gone in a flash. What to do ???[/quote:77b2f9e932]

Isn't having the first pick of stadiums in Rd #16 the "even-up" as it were for having the last pick in Rd 1 of players??

And with regards to picking stadiums out of turn (or more precisely PRIOR to rd 16), if someone wants to pick a stadium early, seems to me that is just part of the strategy of drafting. Live and let live. To me, it's more important to get the players you want than the ballpark, but none of us have the monopoly on winning strategies.

Another point of clarification: we determine divisions AFTER the draft. correct??
alvarndc

Postby alvarndc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

[quote:67f7c267a7="errormagnate"]On stadium issue -kind of changes my whole draft strategy but in looking back what emart said is correct. I just 'assumed' one could sacrifice a pick anytime to pick a stadium. So while I certainly won't like it I will abide by whatever decision is made re stadiums but that would have changed some of my many choices that I got 'weasled' out of.

On the 'beating a dead horse issue of alva - as I said I wouldn't have been nearly as nice about it and find the sycophantic whining to be inappropriate. The only answer at this point should be ' sorry I inconvenienced you all for so many hours and will try not to do it again.' And yes, if I delay a draft in the second round by even 1 hour I EXPECT you to skip me. My nasty little 2 cents but I always was a jerk so you should keep that in mind, lol.[/quote:67f7c267a7]

Since I did not have access to the Internet for that time period, I don't know if I delayed the draft by even a minute given the three hour time clock and the fact the clock is off at night.

That being said, I have tried to be reasonable. I have not asked for any changes. I'm pointing out that I felt you were a little trigger happy, is all.

To start invoking pejorative statements like "sycophantic whining" (which I don't even think is the correct use of the term sycophantic btw - consult your dictionary) is way off base.

So yeah, come to think of it, you're right -- you are a jerk! Now you're talking about getting "weasled" out of picks when YOU "broke" the rules (which as I said earlier, I personally think you have every right to do) -- PLEASE.
alvarndc

Postby alvarndc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:48 am

[quote:b6fcc55907="mighty moose"]Really Steve, in a [b:b6fcc55907]RIGHTY ONLY pitchers league[/b:b6fcc55907], we all have the same stadium strategy, draft a lefty park. Come on !!! - :D[/quote:b6fcc55907]

At least a couple of teams appear to be stocking right handed batting, and may go with a right handed park.

Kind of contrarian. I like it. Distinct advantage at home theoretically.

Actually tried to do that in our lefty league (the one Moose wasn't a part of). Hasn't worked out great though. Seemed like a good idea. Oh well.
alvarndc

Postby errormagnate » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 am

[quote:75d549980a="mighty moose"]Really Steve, in a [b:75d549980a]RIGHTY ONLY pitchers league[/b:75d549980a], we all have the same stadium strategy, draft a lefty park. Come on !!! - :D[/quote:75d549980a]

true and as i already said I just 'assumed' and am clearly wrong.
errormagnate

Postby jet40 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 am

sometimes problems arise in drafts, and I have no reason to doubt alvarndc. I have been in other leagues with him and he never had any problems. He was already penalized by his missing his pick. Lets just forget about it and move on.

My intention all along was to go with a righty team. Less competition getting the players I want. Of course on the road might be an adventure. Time will tell :)
jet40

About the stadiums.

Postby BobBoone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 pm

It was my original intent to have them drafted in round 16. Personally I don't really care which way it is done. I should have the last pick of parks and I am happy to wait until all others have picked. I do realize that this is small consolation, but I cannot imagine any way to fix this.

Ideas?
BobBoone

Postby mighty moose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Well if I would have known you would change the rules of the game from the way I remembered you had said that the park would be picked in the last round, I would have drafted a stadium earlier.

I think the only thing you can do now is to let everyone have whatever stadium they want and yes, there will be duplicates. But if everyone is using a lefty park, it just slides right into the theme, doesn't it ?
mighty moose

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat