Ratings Challenge, Season II (The Rematch)

Postby bigmahon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:10 am

Big night tonight!! :D

Good luck to all teams in contention. I'm gonna remind my guys that we have the league's best road record, and hope for the best. 8)
bigmahon

Postby The Last Druid » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 am

You might want to also remind yourself to make your next pick in the draft. It's been about 36 hours since the last pick.
The Last Druid

Postby bigmahon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks Petrosian, I'll do just that.
bigmahon

Postby ArrylT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Need 1 win to ensure I don't lose more than 90 games and/or stay out of 12th place. Hope I can do it! :)
ArrylT

Postby joethejet » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:18 pm

Heck Big, looking at your home/away record, maybe you're *better* off on the road than at home! :shock: That's a rarity to see a team with records like you've posted.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:19 pm

AT,

OTOH, if you can sweep you might be able to catch Petro for 10th!!

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:57 am

Wow, as it turns out, we didn't need to win even one game as Big got swept and the Dopers only won one game. So we sneak into the playoffs winning 2 of 3. We'll be definite underdogs against the awesome Sneller machine, but hopefully we can keep his running game grounded.

Dean lost again to finish the season 20-18. Wow, 38 decisions, that's a boat load. A .500 pitcher is not what you think you're getting for 7+ mil, but hopefully he'll turn it around in the playoffs and get a pair of wins against MM. (Note, that would allow s to advance! ;))

AT finishes with a flourish to not only stay out of 12th, but catch Agate.

Roadkill has the homefield advantage over Excel, but Excel had a very good road record so itmight not matter. The league's best road record (tied) against the second best home record. Should be interesting.

Meanwhile the lucky to be there Wonder Boys are just hoping to get a win against the Sneller's. Heck, we *must* have been lucky as we finished with a minus run Diff but made the playoffs! :roll: I guess finishing the season on an 8-2 roll helps out! 8) 10-5 this week intra-division.

Much to my surprise Frisch did not catch Burns for SBs on my team, but that's because Burns *finally* started to hit and raised his average to .267 after being in the .240's all season. Ott and Alou also both closed with a rush to make their numbers somewhat respectible. Ott only generated 17 HRs however. A big drop from what I'd hoped for with two Polo Grounds in the division. Dickey never hit for average (.249) but the 24 HRs were nice.

Frisch made 10 errors in the 40 or so games he played for us. :shock: Ouch. Hopefully he's used to our infield grass now!

After the way this season went, we're just happy to be here, but now, hopefully we can get to the finals which eluded us last time!

Jet
joethejet

Postby bigmahon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:12 am

Congrats to the four playoff teams!

A bit disappointed to lose so badly on the final night, especially considering how well I had matched up against Roadkill all season long. As it turns out though, I would have needed a sweep, which was highly unlikely in my wildest fantasies.

Thanks to all for a fun season!

big
bigmahon

Postby Munich_Man » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 am

Indeed a fun season. Looking forward to the playoffs.

The Exel-er-raters overtook Schneller on the last day to finish #1 for runs scored. It would have been nice to finish 1st on Hitting and pitching, but I guess sitting Collins, Wagner, Royster and Gibson for the last 9 games let them catch up. Still I managed to go 5-4. Just have to make sure I put them back in the lineup for the playoffs!

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:22 am

[quote:a8a6d8ce9c="joethejet"]and the Dopers only won one game[/quote:a8a6d8ce9c]
Not true. We took two of three from Cherry Hill, but it was too little too late.

Damn, I really hate faltering down the stretch like that. We really need to re-think the open bar in the clubhouse policy.

Good luck to the playoff teams. See y'all next season.
ADRIANGABRIEL

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat