Vets vs. Rooks league chat

Mal, tHANKS FOR COMING BACK TO PLAY

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:26 am

If a couple of the other guys I invited sign up, it will be a real treat for you. Definitely an eye opener and the bast way to grow quickly. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:34 am

Welcome aboard Mal! Glad to have you back in the fold. :D

I'll tell you what fellas...This finals series has been something else! All one run games and only one game so far HASN'T gone into extra innings! :shock: I took two costly injuries lastnight though in losing Posada and Mabry. Even without the injuries though it wouldn't suprise me in the least if Penn were able to force a game 7.
ANDREWLAITURI

I'd keep that Edumacater Name

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:40 pm

For good luck. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby cummings2 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:48 pm

8) That's the adventorous spirit Mal, Good to share another one wit the wiz kid

Intresting Finals so far...true to the entire season, no breathing room.

I'll try your very appealing drafting techinque Ty...will make sure I get the friendly collaboration of a dancer with 20/20 eyes for the trick...also think I'll ask her to wear a cowboy hat and scream YEEEHA! for every top notch starter she hits. :D
cummings2

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Damn! I wish I had thought of keeping the name! Instead I christened the new team the Sluggo Cola Slugs.
ANDREWLAITURI

Even Tho I messed my team up early on...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:16 am

(Losing patience with my starters and dumping them for worse ones.) I am still keeping the Cha Cha name - Of all my STRAT Names - I think it is the one that best suits my personality. So I think it's a keeper.

It is just so much fun interacting with that crazy name and wild ballpark that it seemed to give the team a very vivid image. I hope everyone had as much fun in The Rookie 101 League as I did. It was great getting aquainted with a great group of players I originally hadn't played before (And a few familiar ones too.)

I look forward to playing with this group again - whether LOTO or another theme Ty may want to do. But I'd play with this group again anytime. :wink: SWP
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:40 pm

Rob,

I know how it goes messing up a team through impatience, I did that very thing with my first 05 team. I think it was a good reminder to me though which allowed me to be patient with this team. I hate looking back and seeing that God awful record but it did serve me well as a reminder of what not to do.

This new draftlist really saw me picking players that I totally overlooked in my first two drafts so I'll be looking forward to seeing what the new team looks like when it's all said and done.
ANDREWLAITURI

I think I put the new team in

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:28 pm

around Thanksgiving...So in all honesty, i barely have a recollection of who I picked, so I suppose I will be as surprised as anyone else when I finally get to see my team. :lol:
ROBERTVOZZA

ET has committed to being one of the teams

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:00 pm

in the West and will join likely Monday. So far it is kind of like Rookie 101 does LOTO. I invited Riggo and Bigmahon(Who earlier said he would join), but I haven't heard from either yet. Once I have confirmations or cancellations, I am thinking of inviting Luckyman, who I haven't been in any leagues with yet this year. I sure wish JD would show up again. So that's 4 possibilities for 2 remaining spots after Eric joins.

You can learn a lot about winning when you play with these guys.(TR, Penn as well) You may get stomped a bit, but then you definitely get better.

I certainly have been thoroughly thrashed by every good player in these leagues at some time or other, but i alway learned someting I kept in the process. The interesting thing is everyone's style is so diverse - there are no 2 that play the same way - which is what I think makes the game so interesting. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

WOOF

Postby cummings2 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:34 am

It all comes down to a single game.

Game 7, Boys!

You were right in your prediction Ty, maybe you should've predicted you'l take the whole thing in the next game :D

Good luck tonight, both Penn and Ty.
cummings2

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat