General Managers Keeper League

Postby cirills » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 pm

One thing I'm looking to trade for is a prospect pick.

I have plenty of players I'm protecting but not necessarily starting that would be seen as more valuable than a prospect so let me know.

I'm looking for the best pick I can get, even if that is only a second round pick.
cirills

Postby cirills » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 am

We do NOT play "Unleashed", correct?
cirills

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 am

right.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby Cubit » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Just checking on the rules for Prospects. We have to call up or cut prospects who are maturing this year, I understand, and have made those choices. Can I call up a prospect (dropping a player to make way) at any time after the FA Draft and/or during the season?
Cubit

Postby Ninersphan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm

[quote:95c4f3abc2="Cubit"]Just checking on the rules for Prospects. We have to call up or cut prospects who are maturing this year, I understand, and have made those choices. Can I call up a prospect (dropping a player to make way) at any time after the FA Draft and/or during the season?[/quote:95c4f3abc2]

I THINK, ( I do not know for sure, but it's the way I run my keepers and it uses the same rules) that you can only call them up PRIOR to the draft, not during, and certianly not after. The only other time you are allowed to, would be if you made and unbalanced trade that left you short of 40 and thus had an open roster spot, or when we do cuts for the supplemental draft between seasons.

Again, I'm not positive KD runs it the same way, but I'm about 95% sure that he does.
Last edited by Ninersphan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninersphan

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

PALM,

check email.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 pm

[quote:c1ccbbc6c7="Ninersphan"][quote:c1ccbbc6c7="Cubit"]Just checking on the rules for Prospects. We have to call up or cut prospects who are maturing this year, I understand, and have made those choices. Can I call up a prospect (dropping a player to make way) at any time after the FA Draft and/or during the season?[/quote:c1ccbbc6c7]

I THINK, ( I do not know for sure, but it's the way I run my keepers and it uses the same rules) that you can only call them up PRIOR to the draft, not during, and certianly not after. The only other time you are allowed to, would be if you made and unbalanced trade that left you short of 40 and thus had an open roster spot, or when we do cuts for the supplemental draft between seasons.

Again, I'm not positive KD runs it the same way, but I'm about 95% sure that he does.[/quote:c1ccbbc6c7]

You're mostly right Bill (I think)

[b:c1ccbbc6c7]Prospects can be promoted to the regular roster at any time PROVIDED YOU HAVE ROSTER SPACE AVAILABLE. But you cannot drop a player to promote a prospect at any time other than during the spring draft. [/b:c1ccbbc6c7]Freeing up roster space at any time other than during the draft can only be done through an unbalanced deal where you trade away more roster players than you receive.
kaviksdad

Postby Cubit » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Thank you Niner and KD too (I think... :wink: )

I am dithering about Hellickson and Storen in case you are interested and I was hoping to hold them back to see if I needed them as much as I fear I might THIS summer.
Cubit

Postby blsmith7 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 am

On the available players tab - Mark Reynolds is not available. I believe him to be on Cubit's roster.
blsmith7

Draft start question

Postby AFDickie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am

Could we start the draft today with no time limit? Also, since I'm blocked out at work who can I give my work e-mail to? This will ensure the draft keeps moving
AFDickie

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat